“Nothing bad to say!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
County Cork, Ireland
“Nothing bad to say!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here more times than I can count! It's my favourite place to stay in the city, even if it is a little out of the centre. Food is always superb, breakfasts are great and service is always tops. The bedrooms are lush and so are the suites. The bathrooms downstairs feels like something from a daft punk video. This hotel is awesome!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCork, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Clementine R,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for once again choosing to stay with us while in Cork.

It was an absolute delight to read your review, I am utterly thrilled with your praise of our hotel. It gives me immense pleasure to know that our welcome and accommodation made such a wonderful impression. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I would like to thank you once again for your kind feedback.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Aaron Mansworth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

All the bar staff deserve a big round of applause. Richie the new guy is really welcoming with his cork accent. I had great food and a good laugh. I stayed for a week and ate at the bar each night. The staff made me keep coming back for more. Well done!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kevinmcdonnell
Dear Kevinmcdonnell,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us.

Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the hotel. Your kind comments about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comments with all our colleagues especially Richie and they were very happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guests and you had a brilliant time with us.

Positive reviews like yours will always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times to all our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in Cork next.

Amandola, Italy
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Clean spacious rooms, friendly, very helpful staff who could deal with any query you might have, restaurant service very good with well prepared food. The standard at this Hotel is very high, you may not always expect that from an 'Airport' hotel but this was certainly an exception to that rule. Would stay there anytime.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Chris J,
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Cork International Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the service and facilities provided at the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Cork

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great location for early departures - our flight left at 6:00 am, so it was effortless to get there. The room was clean and efficient, a little generic, but comfortable. Room service was good and food was fine. Definitely a place to stay for convenience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear coloradomom3,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by the team here at the hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Cork.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I actually live 10 minutes away from Cork Airport but at the start of July I needed a quiet place to work for a night and as my United miles could be used to cover the cost of a stay at this hotel, I decided to spend the evening there. As I used to work for a global hotel chain and made an effort to put my employee discount to good use, I've had the pleasure - and occasionally the pain - of staying in hotels of all standards and sizes on both sides of the Atlantic, and I have to say that this hotel - this *airport* hotel - is one of the best I've ever stayed in. Yes, really.

Usually a hotel does one or things really well out of a list that includes location, style, value for money, amenities, facilities, service, etc. I've stayed in a 5* hotel near the Spanish Steps in Rome that was utterly palatial with a bathroom bigger than my bedroom at home, but the service was cold and indifferent and the limited breakfast was €50 per person, and I've stayed in backpacker-style places where the food was incredible and the service top notch. But it's rare to find a place that ticks all the boxes in every category, as I feel this place does.

The little booklet about the hotel that you find in your room explains that the owners/creators wanted to do something different, to build an airport hotel where the attitude was NOT 'Oh well, each guest is just here for the night, en route to someplace else.' The lobby is the first reflection of this ethos: it's absolutely gorgeous, with books and lamps everywhere, sumptuous furnishings and the gorgeous New Yorker Bar which has seats outside for fine weather and a roaring fire for colder nights.

The staff are absolutely excellent. The woman who checked me struck the perfect note between friendly and professional, and she told me everything I needed to know about the hotel's many facilities - including a movie-screening room and a relaxation area modeled on the inside of a plane - and more besides.

The room was not only attractive but comfortable and well designed. Plenty of work space, a large TV with movies on demand, plenty of space for suitcases and clothes hanging. Everything was spotlessly clean. I tried to think of something I might need as a traveller that wasn't there and I couldn't.

I ordered room service dinner, holding my breath that maybe this was where the property was going to fall down. (I've had a lot of room service in my life, and I know how it goes!) But it was not only delivered promptly by a smiling and friendly young man, but it was delicious too - a pizza I would've been happy to have been served in a upscale pizzeria. Breakfast was also delivered to my room the next morning and it was plentiful and tasty.

The only problem with this hotel is that it's at the airport. I can only hope they find a property in the city centre and consider opening a second location, because it's just wasted here. If I knew someone coming to Cork, I would recommend this place, because it's only a 10 minute drive from the city centre and there's a frequent bus service.

When I was checking out there happened to be a woman at the desk who was asking the staff where she could go to kill a couple of hours, as their flight had been delayed. The staff member told her about some shopping centers and then said, 'You know you can stay in your room if you like?' It was nearly noon: check-out time. The woman couldn't believe it, and neither could I - you can see from my other reviews that I recently stayed at Bewley's Hotel in Dublin Airport where you are not *allowed* check in early and late check out is a foreign concept. The guest was delighted as her young daughters only wanted to stay in the room and the staff member assured her that not only was this possible, but it was 'no problem at all' and there'd be no extra change. (It was a Sunday, so presumably they weren't going to be full that night, but still. It was above and beyond.)

Last week (as I live so close) I went back to have some dinner at the New Yorker and we ended up sitting just outside it, in the lobby. I was downright amazed at the sheer number of staff walking around, checking that everyone there was ok. They had a wedding the same night.

Really, an incredible property. Please open more locations! Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear catherineh1982,

WOW!!! What can I say to this?

Thank you for your detailed review of the Cork International Hotel on Tripadvisor, and we take immense pride in the feedback you have provided.

Our prime focus is to the provide efficient, warm and friendly service to all our guests and your mention about these services is very encouraging and a great pride for the entire team. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I look forward to sharing this review with the entire team as they too will be very proud.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, whether it be for an overnight or dinner in the New Yorker again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed last week as we were flying early to a family holiday. Brilliant hotel with amazing room! Spotlessly clean, lovely staff, beautiful decor! Toy chest in room for kids & complimentary coffee/tea/croissants in reception at 4am! We will defo be back :-)

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank louise e
ManagerCork, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear louise e,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your return to Cork.

Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great staff - couldn't do enough for us. We were at a wedding and everything went perfectly.
Food and service very good. Comfortable big room. From the moment we walked into the reception area we thought it was something special and we weren't disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
ManagerCork, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Liz61_13,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

Thank you also for your lovely praise of our staff. We are truly fortunate to have such a fantastic team, and it is always a delight to know that their efforts are appreciated.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.