“Incredible venue for a wedding.”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cork
“Incredible venue for a wedding.”
Reviewed 16 November 2008

I attended the O'Keeffe/Thomas wedding in this hotel on October 25th last.
The hotel could not have been better; the venue, the champagne reception, the meal, the rooms, the bar, the breakfast, the staff etc. were all second to none.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone interested in picking an exceptionally unique, stylish & contemporary venue for their wedding.
As for the wedding itself; absolute class & a fantastic day. Congratulations P & D.

• Liked — The Wedding
  • Disliked — Leaving
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Forthlinroad
Hotelname, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that the wedding reception exceeded your expectations. I have passed all your positive comments on to the Management and Staff as well.

I hope to see you back with us soon.

Patrick Hanley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 12 November 2008

Very fancy... stunning interior! Bedroom's very spacious and room service food at night was tasty! Breakfast room has a striking airplane design but the service was quite bad.. had to ask for coffee 3x and buffet was out for a while..

all in all, ok stay.. will be back again -- it's very handy if you have flight the next day and i like funky hotels!

• Liked — funky interior
  • Disliked — breakfast.. twas not a good experience.
Stayed August 2008
1 Thank ErlBigGirl
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Please be advised that all feedback from customers is taken on board by our Management Team and investigated fully. I have spoken to the Restaurant Manager about your comments on the Restaurant Breakfast and he will look in to this further. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room service food and thought so highly of the hotel decor and rooms.

I hope to see you back soon so you can see the positive results of your feedback.

harwich
Reviewed 4 November 2008

I guess the problem is expectations, you are sitting in the bar in the evening and watching someone making bread then expectations for breakfast are inevitably raised....

Sadly breakfast is a bit of a disaster area here, difficult to locate a member of staff for more coffee, food not particularly exciting and the presentation was poor and fresh bread seemed to be missing. Some friends joined us for breakfast and they were charged five star prices !

Rooms are lovely and the public areas are a generous size

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank peterharwich
Hotelname, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 9 November 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would like to apologize to you for your experience at Breakfast. This is not an area we usually encounter issues with but I do believe on this occasion we let you and ourselves down. I have spoken with the Restaurant Manager and our Executive chef and they have taken your comments on board and are focusing on both the service levels and food in the Restaurant.

I do hope to see you back soon so you can see firsthand the positive results of your feedback.

Regards,
Dublin
Reviewed 24 October 2008

This is truly the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Absolutely faboulus.
Great staff, great General Manager and excellent accomodation - and the natural friendliness and courtesy of everyone I met, second to none.
All the big hotel chains should send their staff to do some basic courtesy skills and people training at this property.
Hope you will continue to grow and prosper and spread good and valualbe hospitality excellence across the region, and I most certainly I hope to spend some more time with you in the hopefully not too distant future...
A true fan of the CIAH,
Best Regards
Christian T. from Dublin

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — everything fine
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ChristianT
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2008
Dear Christian T,

Thank you for your positive comments, may I compliment you on your taste, that it might be an example to others!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cork in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Patrick Hanley,

General Manager.

CORK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HOTEL
ireland
Reviewed 19 October 2008

booked last minute for myself and my wife not expecting much as we paid wait for it 60 euro, unbelievable value for a top class hotel,we just wanted somewhere to stay overnight as we were at a function in the city, but were blown away, i would advise anyone to stay here 32 inch tv with music choice, not an outrageously priced mini bar, hairdrier,ironing board, underfloor heating in the bathroom as well as a demisting centre pane in the bathroom mirror, great decor you find youre eye drifting everywhere in the entrance, pleasent and helpful staff what more could you want suffice to say we have booked already for christmas at 80 euro including breakfast amazing value

• Liked — value for money,clean with all the mod cons
  • Disliked — no comment
1 Thank stais
Limerick
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I booked a weekend break here through the SuperValu promotion - two nights accommodation with breakfast and one evening meal. We arrived late on Friday evening and enjoyed a light snack in the bar. Reception staff were very friendly and efficient on check in/out. I loved the unconventional decor throughout the hotel - a pleasant change from the normally nice-but-plain looks of other four star hotels. The room we had was spacious with a double and single bed, good TV and workspace. The temperature control was also a welcome feature since hotel rooms, I find, tend to be on the warm side. The bathroom was great: very clean, underfloor heating, lovely bath and shower combo. The restaurant meal was excellent, I had catch-of-the-day sea bass with potato and leak and ratatouille, my partner had a juicy and tender steak. Overall an excellent experience, I would definitely go again and would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

• Liked — Happy with everything
  • Disliked — n/a
1 Thank BatinaHat
Hotelname, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thought so highly of the rooms and restaurant food. I have passed on your positive comments on to all the staff and Management.

I hope to welcome you back to The Cork International Airport Hotel soon.

Cork Ireland
Reviewed 7 October 2008

I have to say that all the other reviewers are indeed correct to compliment this hotel on its abstract and quirky style.
Yes the waterfall style illuminated wash hand basins in the loo's
are indeed unusual and impressive, as are the aircraft themed rooms and features.
However 26 euro for two very average sandwiches and two coffees served in the bar on wobbly tables was not at all impressive, neither was three members of staff walking past us while we were looking for menus particularly good.

We recently stayed at Hayfield Manor, where the food and service were exceptional and are absolutely gobsmacked to see that this hotel is rated above Hayfield Manor on Trip advisor. Has the world gone mad.

• Liked — super stylish loo's
  • Disliked — service and value of food
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2008
Dear Goju,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would like to apologize for your experience. The bar service is an area we are generally very happy with however obviously on this occasion we let ourselves down. We have recently made some personnel changes in this area and have had a period of adjustment. Our new menus have just been issued in the past week to very positive reviews and the team in the bar has a new person managing that area. I am 100% confident that should you return that your experience would be significantly better. If you wish I would be delighted to discuss this with you further and get any further comments you may have.

Please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

Regards,