“Lovely room and Good service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Lovely room and Good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed one night prior to early morning flight. Room was lovely, huge, air conditioned, king sized bed. Staff very nice and helpful. Called for shuttle after parking car and it arrived within 5 minutes.
Shuttle in the morning to the terminal free and on time.
Hotel is very clean, room was spotless.
Free coffee in the lobby in the morning was a nice touch.
Would definitely stay there again, much nicer than The Park Inn at cork airport.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerCIAH01, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear MaryB,
Thank you for choosing the Cork International hotel and for sharing your experience with us.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were happy with the service and facilities provided to you.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the Staff here at the Cork International.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Cork

Aaron Mansworth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

An enjoyable weekend just spent at this hotel. Stunning lobby, very friendly and welcoming staff and spacious rooms. The bed is a little too hard for my taste and a shower screen would look better than a shower curtain. The breakfast was fantastic but the meal in the New Yorker was disappointing as the fish comes pre-battered!

However, I would definitely come back despite the minor gripes.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerCork, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Icecoldlogic,

Thank you for your trip advisor review, and I do apologise for the issues you experienced while you were here.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming your family back on your return to Cork.

Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We booked this hotel as we were flying early next morning & the stay & park deal was excellent value. This turned out to be one of the finest hotels in Ireland we have ever stayed in. The check in was extremely welcoming & friendly, the family room was massive, with 2 bathrooms, and for our children, there was a toy chest full of games & toys, what a very pleasant surprise this was. There was also a kids play room with x box & lots of games, and a movie room made from the interior of an airoplane, with kids & adults movies on, and massage chairs to sit in, it was top class. We ate in the bar, and the food was exquisite. All 4 of us were so disappointed that we were only staying for one night, as it was such an enjoyable stay, and the kids have asked if we can go there next time for a few night, just as a family break, which no doubt we will. This hotel is top class & we all look forward to staying there again soon. What a fantastic start to our holiday to stay in The Cork International Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear shazd039,
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Cork International Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the service and facilities provided at the hotel. I am delighted that your children were thrilled with the kids boxes, Kids room and Cloud 9 movie room.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to the Cork International.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We booked in to last Friday afternoon 8th Aug after travelling from Dublin for the night. Upon our arrival I had noticed the new decor and a friendly smile behind the reception desk from Sarah. We found Sarah and her colleagues very helpful and obliging in order for us enjoy our stay. The twin room we got was lovely, clean, bright and very modern. The New Yorker bar the food was immense - compliments to the chef My one on negative comment would be the level of service by the bar staff I feel they should be more attentive to their customers and not as absorbed in maintaining the bar and chatting amongst themselves. The breakfast buffet was amazing and the staff in the breakfast room were very attentive and obliging. I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again soon.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCork, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Emer G,
Thank you for writing a review on the Cork International Airport Hotel. We endeavour to deliver the highest level of service in our hotel and your feedback will help us to achieve these goals. Thank you for your lovely comments about reception and especially Sarah.
I do apologise for any inattentiveness you experienced in the bar which I can assure you is not standard practice for us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed all other aspects of the hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Just back from a 2 night weekend stay, myself, my husband and our 4 kids (aged 14,13,11 & 7). We had a ball and can't praise the hotel highly enough, especially Sarah on reception. The hotel is spotless, bright and all staff members very friendly. We got a great deal and thought it was the best value for money we have had in a long time. Our kids would have loved a swimming pool but the 8 seater cinema with massage chairs more than made up for it. It is a great base to go touring from, whether it's Kinsale, Fota wildlife park or the English market in cork you are interested in, we went to all three. The food was great, particularly the breakfasts, where waffles were the order of the day for our girls and the best omelettes in town. Thank you Cork International, we can't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 771Brhanna
Dear 771Brhanna,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

Thank you also for your lovely praise of our team especially Sarah. We are fortunate to have such a great team, and it is always a delight to know that their efforts are appreciated.
I am delighted to hear that you got to visit so of the attractions on close to us and also that you got the chance to use our Cloud 9 relaxation room.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Darlington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

As a regular business traveller to Cork I usually stay in one of the Airport hotels on a weekly basis. The International has always been branded as the premier airport hotel at Cork; better than its rivals. I guess it depends on how you judge a hotel. The entrance used to be one of my favourites. It was an airport hotel with a bar and lounge with an aviation feel featuring aircraft seats and memorabilia. It was brilliant. Sadly this was ripped out during the reception facelift and it has just become like a tasteless furniture showroom. When this happened, in my opinion the hotel lost its sparkle. The feel you were met with by reception changed. It was more cold, hostile and felt more corporate. This changed things for me so much that I stopped staying here regularly and went elsewhere. Unfortunately, due to lack of air-conditioned hotels in cork, I find myself a regular visitor to the Cork International during summertime. As a regular at many hotels in Ireland and Europe on a weekly basis, I am afraid that the Cork International comes someway short. The rooms are splendid, big and spacious and the beds are comfy. Depending on your room, baths can fill fairly quickly or some can take nearly 40 mins but the water is usually hot. Housekeeping is variable. You can request late check out and yet you are still interrupted at 12 noon by housekeeping trying to enter (invariably after you've just got into the ever filling bath and you have to try and converse to them through two doors). I stayed here in 2013 and on the comment card noted that there was a blood stain on the chair and that it wasn't good enough. I was rather surprised that a year later when I was in the same room that the blood stained chair was still there. This was mentioned to reception upon my departure. The main trouble for me this hotel is that it isn't personable. Everytime I walk through the door, the same staff treat me like a new customer. I have to always complete an address form. Half the time, they have misspelt my name incorrectly and have to try and explain that my name isn't Tony (as was the last example) even though everything is booked correctly online. Tonight took the biscuit. I arrived as normal to be met by 'we don't have a reservation for you and we are full'. Once I had proved my reservation I was asked to wait while they went to check a black listed room was fit for purpose. After all this waiting and inconvenience, the receptionist still tried to charge me €30 for a late check out. I can understand that most people will find this hotel good for an ad-hoc stay however for a regular traveller that spends a lifetime in hotel rooms, I like to stay somewhere that feels more homely; that is a bit more flexible. I can't quite put my finger on what is really wrong here, the staff wander around and talk to you with an air of arrogance. It's just the wrong feel to attract long term customers. Certainly rival airport hotels, while they don't have as good facilites, make up for it with excellent customer care and services and you feel compelled to go back. For example you'll maybe find a nice note on your pillow or the odd box of chocolates in your room. You are made to feel like they appreciate the business and try to keep me happy. I guess that is why my conferencing and seminars happen elsewhere in Cork. Everytime I leave the Cork International, I always vow to not return but seemingly by the time it comes to book for the next week, the summer sun means I need air-con at an Airport hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank JamieHopper
ManagerCork, Owner at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Jamie Hopper,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologise for the issues you incurred during your recent stay. We have tried on several occasions to contact you as I would like clarification on several of your comments \ opinions.
Also I would like to point out that the lady who checked you in is a new receptionist and did not work here during your last stay. As you booked through a third party and not directly your old profile unfortunately could not be flagged.
I do again apologies profusely and do hope to hear from you as we would love to the chance to put it right.

Kind Regards,

Aaron Mansworth,
Boston, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a family trip to cork our son was playing cricket in mardyke the Hotel is impressive Bar excellent Food 5 star reception very welcoming we happened to meet the general manger during our stay & we were very impressed with his enthusiasm for his hotel we would definately stay again also the breakfast buffet is WOW

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank american1076
ManagerCork, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear ameriican1076,
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Cork International Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Cork