“very good”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here twice once on my own and the other time it was my cousin wedding.

The staff were very helpful and if you had a problem they would try and sort the problem out for you there and then. They also made sure that you were ok for everything.

I thoroughly enjoyed cloud 9 relaxation room it was brilliant you could watch movies if you wanted to or just relax.

1  Thank myra61
ManagerCIAH01, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Myra61,

Thank you for choosing the Cork International Hotel once again.

I am delighted to read that you found the staff most helpful and that you enjoyed our relaxation room, Cloud 9.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cork International soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had low expectations to be honest but I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the welcome that we got in the early hours of a Saturday morning (Aer Lingus late, as you'd expect). We did call down for extra pillows, which arrived promptly. A really good nights sleep, despite being very close to the airport, and a superb Irish breakfast the following morning that was right up there with the best of them in spite of the hotel being really busy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCork, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Killian O,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Cork International Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the service and facilities provided at the hotel.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Cork.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Was delighted to stay in this hotel with the family and my parents recently, my folks wife and kids were blown away with the standard of the hote & amazing rooms (215 & 216). We took the Fota family package for €119 and headed to Fota wildlife park for the day before coming back the hotel evening. Glen in the restaurant was so incredably helpful and the food was prompt and perfect. We headed to the cloud 9 room to let the kids enjoy a movie in the airplane themed room, with massage chairs and two screens to watch the movie. In the morning we had a delightful breakfast and my kids loved having fresh pancakes made for them, all in all this is a super experience for the family or with friends and even a romantic getaway. Thanks to Aaron and Glen and all the great staff that give you the 5 star treatment for a lowcost stay

Room Tip: we had room 215 with 3 beds and massive interior

Dear firestationstrip,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently. Our prime focus is to provide efficient, warm and friendly service to all our guests and your mention about these services is very encouraging and a great pride for the entire team. Your kind comment about our colleagues is greatly appreciated. I have shared your appreciation with the colleagues and they are equally happy to hear that you had a lovely stay with us.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Have just returned from a week In Ireland where we stayed overnight at The Cork International Hotel. Lovely Hotel, beautiful rooms, friendly, helpful and efficient staff. We ate in the hotel restaurant in the evening and had breakfast there too, and both meals were excellent. The service in the New Yorker restaurant for our evening meal was great and the staff, friendly and fun without being intrusive - excellent. If you are staying overnight in the Cork area, or longer, would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel! Enjoy! (although have said Excellent and have only rated Very Good, it is only to be sure they keep up their high standards!)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Margaret A,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Cork International Hotel on Tripadvisor. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the hotel. As they say, a place is because of its people and so is the Cork International Hotel. Just to assure you we will keep up the high standards and will not get complacent. Positive reviews like yours will always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times to all our guests. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International Hotel

Reviewed 16 August 2014

overnighted here for early morning flight. Hotel located in airport but would really like to meet the individual who left review on hotel website stating that the terminal building was only two minutes from hotel.There is a shuttle service available but it only operates every half hour and I am not sure how an eight seater vehicle would cope at peak demand times. The hotel itself is very comfortable,staff are pleasant and helpful. The complimentary light breakfast for early departees is a bit of a non event,there was no coffee in the machine the morning we were leaving. On our return we used the courtesy phone in the airport to arrange collection but it rang out without reply and we had to ring hotel reception ,but to be fair once we made contact we did not have to wait very long for shuttle to arrive. Is this a bad hotel? certainly not. Would I stay here again? no reason not to.Maybe I was expecting too much from breakfast and airport transfer everything else was ok.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ManagerCork, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Vincent O,

Thank you for choosing the Cork International and for sharing your experience on your most recent stay with us. Thank you for you kind comments regarding the hotel and the team which I will pass on immediately.

We advertise the times of our shuttle service to be every half hour but during peak and busy times the shuttle will always run continuously until each guest has reached their destination on time.

The complimentary breakfast during the hours of 4am to 7am uses a capsule coffee machine to ensure freshness and flavour. This capsule should be entered before selecting your required coffee, there should be instructions next to the machine, I do apologise if they were not present. This set up is highly praised by early departures as it is a gesture from us to our guests who are gone before breakfast.

Thank you for helping us improve our service and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here while on business trip last week. Accommodation is comfortable, clean, good breakfast. I had early morning departure and needed to get the shuttle to the airport. At checkout I asked for my receipt which I need for work and was told it would be emailed to me. I didn't get it and have emailed them twice for a copy and am still waiting. Recommend you wait for the receipt before leaving the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
ManagerCork, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear MajTal,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on your most recent stay at the Cork International Hotel.
I am delighted to read that you found your accommodation Comfortable and clean and that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast.
Please accept my apologies for the delayed response in receiving your invoice, I know Mark our front office manager has been speaking to you and clarified the issue.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the International.

Warm Regards
Sarah

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed one night prior to early morning flight. Room was lovely, huge, air conditioned, king sized bed. Staff very nice and helpful. Called for shuttle after parking car and it arrived within 5 minutes.
Shuttle in the morning to the terminal free and on time.
Hotel is very clean, room was spotless.
Free coffee in the lobby in the morning was a nice touch.
Would definitely stay there again, much nicer than The Park Inn at cork airport.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
ManagerCIAH01, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear MaryB,
Thank you for choosing the Cork International hotel and for sharing your experience with us.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were happy with the service and facilities provided to you.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the Staff here at the Cork International.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Cork