“Good Hotel”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 January 2009

The hotel is themed on airports and planes with elements of the decor resembling plane interiors, room types named after seat classes on flights etc.

It is located in the business park adjacent to the airport making it convenient for the first or last stop on a visit by plane to cork. Check in was quick (although it's the first hotel I've been in that I had to go up to the first floor to get to the reception).

The room itself was big for an economy room in a 3 star. WIrless and wired broadband available in the room as well as the TV (TV internet access not free)

There is nothing in the way of pools, gyms etc - the hotel seems to be geared to transient / business types.

Breakfast was nice about mid range based on other 3 stars I've stayed in. Non cooked option available for early travellers.

Would recommend for a short stay based on the price we payed (64 euro B&B per room)

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank medic143
sarahlou1cork, manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2009

Dear medic143,

I greatly appreciate your positive comments; we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our front office is on the first floor as that is the main entrance from Cork Airport and is slightly higher in elevation but we feel that it gives us an interesting lobby overlooking the bar and sitting area and with three large elevators and a pretty cool stairs there is lots of ways to explore!

Once again thanks for the great review fingers crossed for the fitness facilities at some point in the near future!

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Cork International Hotel

Reviewed 21 January 2009

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel a few times and everytime the experience has been very enjoyable. I cannot rate this hotel high enough the rooms are excellent and the bar restaurant facilities are brilliant. The rates are the most reasonable I have ever seen for a hotel of this quality. The only downside is that once you get used to the standard of this hotel almost every other hotel is a disappointment. I cannot rate this hotel high enough in terms of rooms and facilities.

The only negative point I can raise and the only issue I have in any respect is what happened the last time we stayed in the hotel (think it was roughly around Arp/Mar 08). I booked using my credit card but paid with cash when checking out. However my credit card was still charged and was even charged more than the pre-authorised amount. The hotel were not very heplful and not at all apologetic.

Following many calls to the hotel, my bank and even Visa each of whom passed reponsibility to the other parties I began to think that I wasn't going to get my money back. Eventually the hotel admitted their error and refunded me, they didnt apologise and by that stage the credit card bill had fallen due so I had no option but to pay it.

The worst part came when the posted me a refund slip and I realised that I had actually been charged for someone elses room as well as a meal and drinks they had. It doesnt inspire me with confidence that I could get carged (over and above my pre-authorised amount) for someone else room, food and drinks and the fact that they werent apologetic makes it worse.

I did ring back and managed to get them to give us a discount for the next time we stay but they would not give me the offer in writing but said it will be on my file so it will be interesting to see if it will still apply the next time we do stay there.

Despite this little set back I still think this is the best hotel in Cork.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KerryboyAUH

Dear KerryboyAUH,

I sincerely apologize for the situation with your account this is completely unacceptable, I am glad that it was finally resolved but the time it took to fix and indeed the situation itself are certainly not proper standards with which we would associate ourselves and will ensure remain thus.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words and taking the time to post them it is greatly appreciated and the team are very pleased that you feel so positive about your experiences in our bar and the bedrooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International Airport Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2009

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel on three separate occasions. Each time our experience has been nothing but positive. The rooms are extremely comfortable and very well sound-proofed. You can hear nothing from the aircraft landing at the airport. Everything about the rooms are fantastic. They are spacious and modern.

We found breakfast to be excellent. The choice is truly great. They cater for everyone and there is plenty to go around. On one occasion we stayed there we had a three course meal in the restaurant. To our surprise it was one of the best meals we have had in a hotel restaurant. The food was fantastic.

Overall, we would never consider staying anywhere other than this hotel if we are ever in Cork and have recommended it to all our friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cateym

Dear cateym,

Many thanks for considering us once again and for posting your positive review, it is always rewarding to hear. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Cork in the near future.

Reviewed 18 January 2009

We stayed for 4 nights from 8 January to visit family and friends around the Cork area. It was easy to walk to the hotel from the airport terminal. That allowed us to postpone collecting a hire car until the following morning.

The rooms are large, well furnished and comfortable. The hotel is modern. Liked the fact that use of the in-room safe is free as is wireless internet access. The breakfast was good and the staff were helpful. Based on our experience we rate the hotel as "excellent".

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank EssexSss

Dear EssexSss,

Many thanks for taking the time to express your views on our hotel. We are always delighted to hear such positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International Airport Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 January 2009

We stayed for two nights at the hotel the weekend before xmas as a getaway before the festive period. Upon arrival we were very impressed with the design of the hotel and standards of the rooms which are well above the mark for an airport hotel.

Cleanliness was excellent both in the rooms and general areas, so no complaints there. Standards of food were very good and costs reasonable and in the main staff were pleasant.

My only gripe was that similar to the previous reviewer in that the restaurant was sadly closed (due to lack of guests I was told) and we had to have a meal in the bar area. Service was good and food arrived promptly. Unfortunately, the hotel was hosting a function in one of its rooms and all guests arrived and soon filled the bar area to capacity, we had people stood right next to our table banging into us, shouting and laughing etc – not the atmosphere for a romantic meal.

I did discuss this with the front desk when checking out at the staff was very apologetic and did discount element of our bill, which was appreciated.

All in all, a very nice hotel – I would most defiantly recommend to anyone and we will be back some time in the future.

Oh – my wife did use the hairport salon and was very pleased with the results!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GB11
Hotelname, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted you and your wife thought so highly of the hotel, the rooms and the staff and I have passed all your feedback on to them. We here at the Cork International take all feedback good or bad from guests onboard as it can only help us improve on guest satisfaction. On that note I would like to apologize for your experience in the Bar and advise you the restaurant is currently undergoing renovations and we do hope to have it open again soon.

I do hope to see you back with us soon.

P Hanley

Reviewed 19 December 2008

The hotel itself is lovely. Very boutique-y and modern, lots of abstract art and bold colours. The only problem we encountered was with dinner. The restaurant was closed for a private function, which we hadn't been made aware of before we headed down for dinner. We decided to eat in the bar instead. We seated ourselves, and the waiter gave us our menus. We asked to see a drinks menu, the waiter asked if we meant a cocktail menu and we said yes. We also ordered 2 glasses of Spanish Cava, a sparkling wine on the menu. 5 minutes later a different waitress came with a wine list. I went up to the bar myself and asked for the cocktail menu. The waiter spent a good 2 minutes looking behind the bar for the cocktail menu and finally found it. I repeated that we wanted 2 glasses of the cava, the spanish sparkling wine. He said yes. Another 5 minutes passed, the waiter returned and asked which wine I had asked for. I said the cava and he asked me to point it out on the wine list. He went behind the bar again, and 10 minutes later returned and said that they had no cava, or any other sparkling wine. It was the week before Christmas.
So we ordered 2 cocktails and water instead from a different waiter., and we also ordered food as we were getting a little impatient. I ordered oysters only to be told there were none. Literally 15 minutes later a different waiter arrived and told us he didnt have any of the ingredients for the cocktails. We settled for coke, which they did have. And they forgot about our waters.

There were a few staff members which were ok, but what is the point in pretending to be a cocktail bar when you do not have any of the ingredients for cocktails. And what is the point in having something on the menu when you never have it in stock.

Don't get me wrong, the hotel is perfect but the staff are useless. If you're looking for a room for the night, definately go, but if you're looking for good service forget it

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank fatboy_girl
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. May I firstly apologize for your negative experience truly it is something we take very seriously. Without taking refuge in excuses we have obviously not met your expectations. We do strive to achieve the best for our customers at all times in this case we have not. We have initiated a full retraining for all our Food and Beverage team, though your experience was isolated to a specific time and persons we will endevour to improve across the board.

Once again thank you and I hope to welcome you back to CIAH in the near future when your experience will differ greatly.

Happy Christmas & a Prosperous New Year

CORK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HOTEL
Cork Airport.
Cork Ireland.

Reviewed 14 December 2008

Our second time at this beautiful , funky and modern hotel. The decor and furnishings are top class. A good night's rest is guaranteed.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hotelname, Hotel Maanger at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Warmest Reagrds,