“Fantastic hotel, great rooms and lovely staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dublin
“Fantastic hotel, great rooms and lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

Fantastic hotel, huge rooms, very clean and bright, funky design in open areas, simply enormous TV (but see note below)

Liked best: style of the lobby and open areas, friendly staff, handy location.
Liked least: the software system running on the TV, very slow. Not a big complaint, eh?

• Stayed February 2009
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2009
Dear Alastairmcd,

Thank you for your kind words it was a great weekend here and we were delighted to have been the host for the Irish Blog Awards ’09, we hope to welcome you all back again next year for more madness and fun!

I am sorry that our TV software is not as fast as expected and I will examine how we can improve this immediately.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2009

Amazing from start to finish. OK it doesnt look the most appealing from the outside but if there was ever a reason to believe the "dont judge a book by its cover" rule this is it.

Rooms are massive, we had 2 massive double beds, unbelievably comfortable, office space, fantastic shower, fitted wardrobes, big tv, internet.

Food was lovely, both dinner and breakfast, and staff were extremely pleasant.

Strange note but the downstairs toilets are possibly the funkiest toilets I have ever had the please of doing my business in!

Would highly recommend this hotel

• Liked — The bedrooms, toilets,
  • Disliked — At a push I would say the outside aesthetics of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Tom_G_Ire
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2009
Dear Tom_G_Ire,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay we are happy that you enjoyed your room and noted our funky design it certainly is a talking point we feel that functionality can marry with art and are keen for people to see our unique hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the CIAH in the near future!

Safe Travels

union hall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2009

used this hotel just for business travel before and early flight and it was a very pleasent surprise. Fine big room with massive TV bigger than my own! Immaculatly clean and the bed was so comfortable. Breakfast was good it was a 5am start so it was great to have a buffet right there as you check out and the shuttle service was welcome due to the very cold morning. For an airport hotel it was great and the staff were so pleasent

• Liked — perfect for all travel using Cork Airport
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank westcork2009
Dundalk, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2009

The hotel is themed on airports and planes with elements of the decor resembling plane interiors, room types named after seat classes on flights etc.

It is located in the business park adjacent to the airport making it convenient for the first or last stop on a visit by plane to cork. Check in was quick (although it's the first hotel I've been in that I had to go up to the first floor to get to the reception).

The room itself was big for an economy room in a 3 star. WIrless and wired broadband available in the room as well as the TV (TV internet access not free)

There is nothing in the way of pools, gyms etc - the hotel seems to be geared to transient / business types.

Breakfast was nice about mid range based on other 3 stars I've stayed in. Non cooked option available for early travellers.

Would recommend for a short stay based on the price we payed (64 euro B&B per room)

• Liked — Room size, breakfast
  • Disliked — themed decor
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank medic143
sarahlou1cork, manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2009
Dear medic143,

I greatly appreciate your positive comments; we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our front office is on the first floor as that is the main entrance from Cork Airport and is slightly higher in elevation but we feel that it gives us an interesting lobby overlooking the bar and sitting area and with three large elevators and a pretty cool stairs there is lots of ways to explore!

Once again thanks for the great review fingers crossed for the fitness facilities at some point in the near future!

Best regards,

Abu Dhabi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2009

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel a few times and everytime the experience has been very enjoyable. I cannot rate this hotel high enough the rooms are excellent and the bar restaurant facilities are brilliant. The rates are the most reasonable I have ever seen for a hotel of this quality. The only downside is that once you get used to the standard of this hotel almost every other hotel is a disappointment. I cannot rate this hotel high enough in terms of rooms and facilities.

The only negative point I can raise and the only issue I have in any respect is what happened the last time we stayed in the hotel (think it was roughly around Arp/Mar 08). I booked using my credit card but paid with cash when checking out. However my credit card was still charged and was even charged more than the pre-authorised amount. The hotel were not very heplful and not at all apologetic.

Following many calls to the hotel, my bank and even Visa each of whom passed reponsibility to the other parties I began to think that I wasn't going to get my money back. Eventually the hotel admitted their error and refunded me, they didnt apologise and by that stage the credit card bill had fallen due so I had no option but to pay it.

The worst part came when the posted me a refund slip and I realised that I had actually been charged for someone elses room as well as a meal and drinks they had. It doesnt inspire me with confidence that I could get carged (over and above my pre-authorised amount) for someone else room, food and drinks and the fact that they werent apologetic makes it worse.

I did ring back and managed to get them to give us a discount for the next time we stay but they would not give me the offer in writing but said it will be on my file so it will be interesting to see if it will still apply the next time we do stay there.

Despite this little set back I still think this is the best hotel in Cork.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KerryboyAUH
Dear KerryboyAUH,

I sincerely apologize for the situation with your account this is completely unacceptable, I am glad that it was finally resolved but the time it took to fix and indeed the situation itself are certainly not proper standards with which we would associate ourselves and will ensure remain thus.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words and taking the time to post them it is greatly appreciated and the team are very pleased that you feel so positive about your experiences in our bar and the bedrooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International Airport Hotel in the near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2009

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel on three separate occasions. Each time our experience has been nothing but positive. The rooms are extremely comfortable and very well sound-proofed. You can hear nothing from the aircraft landing at the airport. Everything about the rooms are fantastic. They are spacious and modern.

We found breakfast to be excellent. The choice is truly great. They cater for everyone and there is plenty to go around. On one occasion we stayed there we had a three course meal in the restaurant. To our surprise it was one of the best meals we have had in a hotel restaurant. The food was fantastic.

Overall, we would never consider staying anywhere other than this hotel if we are ever in Cork and have recommended it to all our friends and family.

• Liked — The comfort of the rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing really!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cateym
Dear cateym,

Many thanks for considering us once again and for posting your positive review, it is always rewarding to hear. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Cork in the near future.

Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2009

We stayed for 4 nights from 8 January to visit family and friends around the Cork area. It was easy to walk to the hotel from the airport terminal. That allowed us to postpone collecting a hire car until the following morning.

The rooms are large, well furnished and comfortable. The hotel is modern. Liked the fact that use of the in-room safe is free as is wireless internet access. The breakfast was good and the staff were helpful. Based on our experience we rate the hotel as "excellent".

• Liked — Modern, clean, well equipped and friendly
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank EssexSss
Dear EssexSss,

Many thanks for taking the time to express your views on our hotel. We are always delighted to hear such positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International Airport Hotel in the near future.