“Perfect location if you have an early flight”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
ita360
“Perfect location if you have an early flight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

Clean quiet rooms. Great beds. Mildly annoying that you have to pay to use the computer. Special thanks to Petra. She served my husband breakfast, then helped him carry it up to me in the room. Then she drove us to the airport. All with a huge smile on her face!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ita360
Hotelname, The Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 28 September 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review I have passed all your positive comments on to the team and to Petra a most valued member of staff. In regards to the Computers on the Ground floor please be advised that as we offer complimentary wireless throughout the Hotel the Internet Kiosk on the ground floor was added as an extra amenity internet usage however I will investigate the prices and see if there is a room for improvement.

Once again thank you your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Aaron Mansworth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
North Yorkshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

We stayed in this hotel at the end of a rather cold and rainy week in the County Cork countryside and it turned out to be the best part of the holiday. We had booked one of the best rooms in the hotel as a treat and it easily accommodated 2 adults and 2 teenagers without feeling cramped,. We discovered that we'd paid less for B & B at this lovely place than we had for 2 rooms in the grim budget hotel we'd stayed at on the way out (never again). The staff were unfailingly courteous, helpful and pleasant, the food was good both for breakfast and dinner and we left having wished we'd stayed for longer.

However, the biggest joy of this place was its rather 'individual' decor. From the aircraft fusilage seats in the restaurant to the little stream running through reception the place was a hugely enjoyable to discover. I've never seen anyone take holiday photos of hotel toilets before but other people did as well as me!

Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheenanagig
Dear Guest,

It was wonderful to read your lovely review on the Hotel. I have passed on all the positive feedback to our staff and management team. We pride ourselves in having a unique property with individual and upbeat décor and I am pleased our customers think the same.

I hope to see you back with us soon.

Warmest Regards,

Kettering
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

Have stayed here a few times for business - this time for 3 nights with wife and baby too. Great room - we had a problem with the bathroom in ours (we needed a bath for the baby) and was upgraded to a First Class room, although to be fair all the rooms are great. Big change this time was the food - previously the restaurant was really overpriced, and everyone used to eat in the bar. The menu in the bar is now scaled down (although ate there once) but the restaurant offers a reasonably priced set menu for 1, 2 or 3 courses. Really good quality food. Breakfast as good as ever. This is by far the best airport hotel I have ever stayed in and would recommend, even if you're visiting Cork for leisure. Oh and free wifi too!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank TravellingBen
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We pride ourselves our meeting and surpassing our guests expectations and as your review stated we have changed both the menu and prices in both the restaurant and bar to facilitate our customers and I am pleased this has met our customers’ needs.
I hope to welcome you back soon to the Cork International Hotel.

Warmest Regards,

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

Hello spent last week-end here with my husband and liitle girl. What a lovely hotel, so relaxing. The staff were wonderful, rooms lovely, and the food the best ever. As for the apple pies they were DELICIOUS !!! Would love to have brought one home with me. Hotel lovely and quiet despite being right beside the airport. Well done to all fantastic hotel keep up the good work!!!! Maura Fitzpatrick

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Wanday
Hotelname, The Management Team at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2009
Dear Wanday3,

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind and positive words I have passed all your feedback on to the staff and management team. Please be advised that our bakery is now selling baked goods to go so on your next stay you could take some of that lovely Apple pie home.

I do hope to see you back soon.

pwalters1982
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

This is a surprisingly modern hotel with spacious rooms that exceeded all of our expectations!

The bar serves food that is very good and surprisingly gourmet. (The restaurant looked a bit pricey, so we hit the bar instead.)

The only downside was that when the wind is blowing a certain way, the smell of cow manure is overpowering outside the hotel. That, combined with the fact that you have to drive a bit to get into the Cork city center, are the only bad things about this hotel.

You won't find a better hotel for twice this price!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Hotelname, Hotel Management at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2009
Dear PWalters1982,

Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

wexford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2009

I stayed here for the one night and found the hotel very comfortable and clean but what let it down was the prices big time,

i was told the full Irish breakfast was a whopping 18 euro and the continental was a 'mere' 12 euro!!! the bar prices were very high too and also the food, 15 to 20 for a basic meal, eg omlette etc and 35 for the steak meal.

these prices I would regard as far to high and are not helping the rip off Ireland we are in now, and I don,t feel this is good value and because of this I would class this hotel as a ripoff and would not recommend it,

Thanks,

Noel.

Wexford

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Dear Noelc1,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I have passed all your feedback on to our Food and beverage team and am pleased to advise you that both breakfast and bar prices and menus have been modified since your last stay here with us.

I do hope to see you back soon so you can also experience the result of your feedback.

The Hotel Management Team
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

My partner and I stayed here twice in a week, once at the start and once at the end of our trip round Ireland.

The rooms are fantastic, really modern, clean and spacious and a feeling of relaxation. Reception were very friendly and helpful.

Room service was also good and the little touches such as heated bathroom floors really give it a 5 star feel.

However, the hotel does let itself down in two areas. The breakfast we had was poor. We arrived for breakfast over 1 hour before it closed and the food was lukewarm and not very tasty.

On out second stay we ate at the restaurant. We had only one server for the whole restaurant and he was excellent but simply could not keep up with the number of guests alone which led to some guests leaving. Add to this 2 female servers for the conference room doing nothing and it did not give a good impression.

The food itself was mixed. Amazing vegetable soup but overcooked steak and chicken and then delicious dessert.

Overall the rooms were amazing and luxurious but avoid the restaurant for breakfast and dinner needs some work!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Hotelname, Management at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2009
Dear Danandjonz 14,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted you thought so highly of the Hotel decor and staff during your stay. In relation to your feedback on the Breakfast and restaurant I would like to apologize for your experience and advise you that both our restaurant and bar menu have been updated and your comments on the staffing issue where raised with our General Manager.

I hope to see you back soon at the Cork international Airport Hotel.