“Staff here are a real asset”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
UK
“Staff here are a real asset”
Reviewed 28 May 2010

The customer is really made to feel important by all the staff in this hotel. Nothing is too much trouble, they are friendly & they are clearly all keen to make sure their customer's stay is the best they can make it. I stay in hotels most weeks and this one is in my top 2 for customer service. Also it is different to most other airport hotels - quirky & fun, but very comfortable & with excellent facilities. Add this to an excellent location - walking distance to the airport (but there is a shuttle) and not far from the city - great.

Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
ciahmanager, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2010
Dear Jackim,

From the staff and management here at the Cork International Airport Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to evaluate the hotel.

I am delighted to hear that staff made you feel important. We are happy to hear we are in your top 2, but will keep raising the bar until we are number 1.

The aviation theme throughout the hotel is something that adds character and I am glad you appreciated it.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Aaron Mansworth.
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I stayed here just after Christmas and it was lovely a very relaxin hotel. Lots of character about it. The staff were very polite and the rooms lovely. Would highly recommend the hotel to anyone especially anyone interested in planes

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
ciahmanager, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2010
Dear Ainey,
On behalf of the management and staff of the Cork International Airport Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.
I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and really appreciated the Aviation Theme.
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Stayed here for one nite as we had a very early flight the following day. Price was 85euros for a twin bedroom and 1 weeks parking which was excellant value!

Staff were very nice and the hotel is very modern and quirky! Theres a vintage car parked in the lobby!! we didnt get a chance to eat or have a proper look around the hotel though.

Our room was massive! 2 double beds with pillow mattresses, so comfy!

We thought there was only one set of towels also just like other comments but i found the other set on a shelf near the wardrobes.

We didnt have breakfast booked, but on check out the receptionist told us about the free tea & coffee in the room next door, we didnt avail of this as we were running for the shuttle but it was great to be offered this.

On return we just walked to the hotel as its just 5 mins away. Found it hard tho to lift our suitcases up all those steps! theres no ramp at the airport side of the hotel..

I would def stay here again, great value for money!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
ciahmanager, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2010
Dear MiaLimerick,
I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed all the facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International Airport Hotel in the near future.

Ireland
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This hotel was a great deal for us, we flew to Barcelona on Sunday and parked our car in the hotel, we got back late on Wednesday night and stayed in the hotel. Our rate was 80 euro for the room and the four nights parking - great value. The bed was so comfortable and quiet, great mattress, spotless and a good bathroom. The design touches throughout the hotel are great with quirky seats and lighting. The cehck in staff were very friendly and welcoming - would definitely recommend to anyone flying from Cork.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
ciahmanager, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2010
Dear GalwayKilkennyDuo,
I am delighted to see that you used our Park and Fly package which is very popular amongst our guests.
I am extremely delighted that you found our services and facilities of an excellent standard. I will pass on your positive comments to all the staff which I know they will really appreciate too.
Warmest Regards
NORTHERN IRELAND
Reviewed 13 May 2010

Very Quirky Hotel, good size rooms and facilities. Lovely food in the bar and good breakfast selection.. Convenient to airport. Very helpful and pleasant staff. My only criticism is the Rose House Wine is not very nice and the bar does not stock 1/4 bottles of Rose. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
ciahmanager, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2010
Dear NS-7
I was delighted to read your review on Trip advisor and thank you for taking the time to write it. The hotel was designed to give all our guests a unique and memorable experience with each area giving the guest more to see and experience.
I have passed on your comments regarding the House Rose Wine to the Food and Beverage Manager.
Best Regards,

cork
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Myself and the partner stayed there last weekend. The staff were great and were nearly falling over themselves to help us. I absolutely loved the quirky decor. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable stay

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
ciahmanager, Owner at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2010
Dear Bobsurunclecit,

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed all the facilities. Thank you for recommending us to your friends.

Ireland
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I recently stayed in this hotel the night before taking a very early flight and I was very impressed. We took advantage of the 7 day Parking package with out accomdation and am delighted that we did so.

As soon as we stepped in the door a member of staff offered to carry out bag for us.Check-in was extermely quick and carried out by a really friendly lady. Our rooms were large and very comfortable with large and spotless bathrooms. The only thing that I noted was there were very few towels in the room for the number of people in the room. We had one bath towel and one hand towel for three people. I suspect this might have been an one off error rather than the usual practice.

The staff in the bar were particularly friendly and welcoming and would certainly inspire you to return to the hotel. The food we had in the bar was nice with a good selection on offer. The bar was peaceful and relaxing with a good variety of drinks available.

We did not have breakfast in the hotel as our flight was so early but we were advised when we were checking out that tea and coffee was available for us in the room next to reception which was a nice touch and very welcome at 5am.

A mini bus dropped us to the door of departures howvever the airport is actually only a five minute walk away. I believe that the bus departs on the half hour (at that hour in the morning anyway).

The weather was very cold on our return and we could not face the walk back to the hotel in the sleet. We rang the hotel and a mini bus was down within minutes to return us to the hotel.

We were very impressed with our stay at this hotel and will be returning.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
ciahmanager, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2010
Dear Purpleiris 26,

I am delighted to see that you used our Park and Fly Package which is very popular amongst our guests.
I am extremely delighted that you found our services and Facilities of an excellent standard from Check in to the O’ Bar. I will pass on your positive comments to all the staff which I know they will really appreciate too.
Regarding the towels in the bedroom, please be advised that there are extras towels located in the wardrobe of every bedroom. I have spoken to the Housekeeping Manager to make sure that there are plenty towels in every bedroom.

Warmest Regards