“Class, without a doubt!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The East Village

and 1 more site!
The East Village
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Class, without a doubt!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

Upon arriving in Cork City by bus from Galway, I hopped onto the number 7 bus into Douglas which took about 5 minutes. That bus dropped me just a block away from the East Village Bar and Hotel where I spent the next two nights during my stay in Ireland. I was greeted immediately by gracious staff who showed me up to my room. The room was perfect for me and super clean. Downstairs I found any sport I cared to watch and an amazing menu that serviced any time of the day. Not only did I enjoy their Full Irish Breakfast on Sunday morning, but my dinner the night before was memorable. The Rock menu was not only delicious but interactive. I started to wonder why I would ever leave the East Village. With so much offered the venue is perfect! I did venture out at one stage where I found a cab waiting just outside the door and willing to take me anywhere I needed to go. The bar was still going strong when I returned after midnight and I mingled until late into the evening. (Rather, early in the morning :) Super convenient to spend the final hours of the night in one of the busiest bars in Cork and then walk upstairs and fall down in your bed! At times when I visit a busy bar in the USA I often leave early due to slow service or safety concerns, however, I found that the service in the East Village was exceptional and the security staff incredibly professional! Smiling faces were everywhere and all orders were made promptly. I spoke with one of the door staff about the badges all door security seem to wear in Ireland Pubs and he explained to me the rules and regulations of the job in his country. Very safe! During my stay I also made the short trip over to Middleton to the Jameson Distillery there. Not only historical and informative, this attraction was exclusive and the whiskey and information I took away from the experience will last me a lifetime. (Well, at least the info will :) I can go on and on about my stay but in the end you need to visit The East Village Bar and Hotel for yourself. I had such a magnificent time that I took pictures purposely to share with anyone on Tripadvisor interested in a sure thing. If you visit Cork and miss this place you are certainly doing yourself a disservice during your travels abroad. Do not miss out! New age Irish culture at its finest! Thank you Dave and crew! I cannot wait to see you all again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Mulltea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

Myself and my friends often frequent this bar, we spend alot of money here whether its on food or alcohol, well my last experience here was absolutly disgraceful and we will NOT be returning, its a shame that such a nice bar let themselves down by hiring the most useless, uneducated bouncers. On approaching the door at a reasonable time of 11pm on a saturday night we were told to step aside, this was to allow a group of 'regulars' in, when attention was turned back to us, Norman the supposed head bouncer told us 'NO'. It is known that Norman picks and chooses who he allows in, but this was the last straw for me, managment of east village would really want to rethink who they have mananging the door....NEVER AGAIN..!!!!

Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank Ciara M

Travellers are raving about these Cork hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

A great place to stay. Friendly, clean and a great restaurant. Only drawback is it can be a bit noisy of your windows are open.

• Stayed July 2011
Battle Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

We stayed at the East Village for 4 nights and it was amazing. We got to know all the staff who was very friendly and fun. The food and beer was great! We had a wonderful time here and recommend it to any of our friends. We are already planning to go back and stay at East Village again soon!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

I had a great stay here while in Cork for a wedding. This was my first time in Ireland, and if the East Village is any indication of friendliness and hospitality, I will certainly be back for more! The staff there was lovely, drinks reasonable, and the food at both the bar downstairs and the restaurant on the second floor were perfect. My room was fine- big bed, fluffy duvet, clean and with free wireless. It was a little noisy at night, as my room was right about the bar terrace, but it really just made me want to go down and have a pint with the other guests.

I would highly recommend this place- manager Dave was phenomenal, as were all the waiters and waitresses! My only complaint is that I likely gained 2 kilos from eating too much of the delicious Irish breakfast. mmmmm

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

My family and friends stayed at the East Village for our wedding in Cork, and it was a complete success! My only reservation is that they loved it so much that they didn't try as many other bars and restaurants as they could have, but then again, why take your chances when you are guaranteed a custom-made breakfast, mouth-watering lamb burger for lunch, and friendly bar staff all night long? The hotel staff were amazing, always willing to help us out by looking us bus schedules or calling a cab when we headed into town. Every room had its own balcony, Matisse painting, lots of storage space, and was cleaned promptly every day by the attentive staff (even when strewn with wedding supplies)! The rooms were very quiet unless the windows were open on a busy Friday or Saturday night, but that's a small price to pay for having the hottest bar in Douglas at your doorstep.
You do have to be careful about parking, but as long as you find a spot in their lot and the staff you have a car you shouldn't get clamped.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

Where do I start? From the second I walked through the door to the second I left I had friend the best stay imaginable.

The staff, decor, food, rooms, drink..... Etc etc are just superb.

It was my first visit to Cork in a few years and I'm pleased to say it has just got better!

On arrival I had wings (suicidal) and Spanish fries with a silky pint! That night I had a hot rock! Wow!

Without going on for ages I had an absolutely fabulous time! Derry, Siobhan, Packy, Dave and the rest of the team are doing an amazing job and I can't wait to come back.

Thanks for making my stay a brilliant one!

Cheers, Tom