“Poor employees”

and 1 more site!
The East Village
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Walk out last night 27/12/2010.had been sitting at our table for 20 mins no attention.place was not even busy.new year,new staff!!

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank pathfinder06
There are newer reviews for The East Village

Reviewed 1 November 2010

It was very noisy at night, the room wasn't very comfortable, and the bathroom was grubby. The tv reception was poor, and the channel selection bad. Staff weren't very friendly. The bar was extremely busy and noisy all night. At 3am I was woken by a fight on the street below my window. I was given the wrong information about parking when I rang to make the booking, and as a result, my car was clamped while staying there, and I received no apology or compensation from the management of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank roseoconnorryan
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I stayed on a saturday night with my husband, there was an eighties night in the bar, great atmosphere and craic, free barbecue as well, rooms were clean and comfy, got room service with no extra charge, overall stay great value, only downside was no toasted sandwiches available at 7.30pm had to have something off the main menu, so had potato skins two on plate tasty but too expensive

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2010

This was a nice place with nice people but that is all it has going for it. My room was tiny but clean although I did not had a great sleep there as for the niose.
The food was ok although nothing special.
I just felt it was not worth it

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank bd80
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I have stayed in the East Village Hotel (Douglas) a fair few times now. It was recommended to me by my customer who I try to visit / two three times a year. I go back to the East Village time and time again because it offers me everything that I need.

Clean, comfortable, modern equipped rooms
Free Wifi
Good Atmosphere
Good food throughout the establishment
Good Location (Airport / Cork City Centre minutes away)
Local shops and restaurants

The jewel in the crown is the friendly staff and management! The staff just can’t help you enough! Nothing is too much trouble. Special mention go’s to the night porter who is a great character, on many occasions he has gone that extra mile. Once I left Dublin late and arrived at the East Village close to 12.30pm the night porter showed me to my room and then suggested a beer and a sandwich. Haven eaten on route I wasn’t hungry but the beer that he delivered was most welcome. I un wound from what had been a very long day.

I always try and stay in a room that over looks the McDonalds restaurant because I prefer a more open view. Yes you do get a couple of lads and their cars meeting in the McDonalds car park but for me the odd engine rev isn’t really to much of a problem and doesn’t detract from an enjoyable stay… I was young once. The other rooms on the other side of the hotel back on to an apartment block separated by a small section of car park. This hotel has been designed very well, everything works.

Good value for money...A perfect hotel and one that gets my vote.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2008

On two occasions during the last two weeks I have had the pleasure of staying in the 10 bed roomed "East Village".
It was suggested to me on a previous visit by a work colleague as a good place to stay and on the last two opportunities I have had I took that suggestion up.
The first time I stayed there I phoned directly and was offered a corporate rate without question. Upon arrival I was checked in (no need for credit card details- very trustworthy in this day) and made my self at home on the top floor accommodation level.
Whilst the rooms are not stunning they are exactly what one would require for a short stay, clean and functional. Complete with ensuite shower and WC, TV, free wifi and tea /coffee tray- all in all very comfortable.
The ground floor of the complex is the public bar, again it is very clean and there is always a buzz and activity about it.
The middle floor is the restaurant, here the atmosphere is a bit more subdued but certainly not dead. The same food menu is available in the bar/restaurant and room service and it is fantastic. The level of service shown by the staff is remarkable, conversation and genuine smiles abound.
One half of the available rooms overlook a very busy McDonalds, which can be a bit noisy, but that is beyond the hotels control.
Overall i cannot rate this hotel highly enough, whilst it is not the "Hilton" or the “Ritz" it does not set out to be either, it does however set out to offer decent accommodation combined with good food and drink.
Avoid disappointment book early.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 July 2008

I loved this place when i stayed here in December 2007.
I was on a business trip and had the mis fortune of staying in a Travel Lodge the night before so this place was heaven.
I got room service with gorgeous food {Being a girl I didn't fancy sitting on my own in the restaurant}

I stayed there last week and I realised the key to my first stay - I stay on the side of the hall- ie the uneven numbers

This time I stayed in Number 10 ... Over looking the Macdonalds Drive Thru and car park. Modified car boy racers meet there to rev their engines and call each other [--] til the early hours of the morning.

Grrrrrrrrrrr
I still love this place, the staff are lovely, the bed was comfortable with a duvet (as opposed to horrible bed covers)
Food still gorgeous!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)