“Out for lunch ”

Ranked #39 of 680 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: CoqBull is the brand new chicken and burger concept, taking French Church Street by storm with its mouthwatering menu of delicious rotisserie chicken and beef burgers, as well as an array of tantalising cocktails and local craft beers. Signature dishes include the Rotisserie Chick; 100% Irish rotisserie chicken from the spit, marinated for 24 hours before rubbing and roasting. A burger lover's heaven, the menu also boasts a huge variety of chicken, beef, bacon and fish burgers with even a 'No BULL' burger for the veggies. Coqbull... Awesome Chicken & Burgers!!!
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I went out for lunch yesterday, and decided to try out CoqBull, they had a lunch special which I think the burgers are about €2 less.
Full price your paying about €16 for a burger,fries and drink..!!€16.. For a burger fries and drink.!!
Now in all fairness the burger was savage, a big meaty patty cooked medium, so I was well chuffed with myself, the waiter was really cute and friendly, thankfully the waiter gave me a complementary coke not sure if that was a ;) ;) or just a good marketing strategy but coming away feeling full, being treated well in a friendly atmosphere I will probably go back again based on those experiences. But non the less paying that much for a burger is a bit ridic..
It was a nice touch going to pay for the food and seeing the coke was given for free. There are other places where you'll get competitive food for a bit less..

1  Thank NickCassidyCork

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We brought the family to eat here last week. Two teens and ourselves. Neither of my two finished their meal which is unusual in a burger and chicken place. Dessert was very poor and also we couldn't get the ketchup our of the bottle. We complained and were handed an identical bottle with the same problem. I won't be rushing back to be honest. Maybe give them a few weeks to sort out their issues

1  Thank margaretss
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here twice in the last week, both for lunch, and it was excellent on both occasions.

We had burgers and the home made chips the first time, both our burgers were really nice...I'd particularly recommend the blue cheese burger (can't remember the exact name of it).

On our second visit I had the chicken wings which were delicious and a nice portion too and my wife had the Mac and Cheese which she said was really tasty.

Lastly, the staff we've met have been really nice and friendly and really helpful. You get the feeling that they care about the place and really want you to enjoy your meal...which is always a bonus!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had lunch of the "No bull" burger which comes with chips.

While chewing the chips I came across an embedded hair in my mouth which I had to remove.

When waitress was removing the plates I told her about the hair and she told me she would tell the head chef. We then received the bill which charged for everything (except the hair).

I told the manager on the way out about my experience and he asked me "Did I keep the hair?"

I informed him that I wasn't going to lie about a hair and that I wouldn't be back.

14  Thank John K
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Had the most greatest evening in coqbull ever. Excellent food, great service and fab atmosphere. Food was mouth watering and plentiful. My kids loved the burgers and dessert. Got stuffed with the half chicken dish and hubby battled with his perfectly cooked and served burger.
Yum yum yum.

Cork needed a place like this and defo will go again and again.

So go and enjoy the fab experience in Coqbull.