“Best veggie fajitas” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #323 of 625 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$16 - US$54
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Captain Americas brought the original burger to Ireland back in December 1971. Since then it has continued to serve good quality American style food at great value prices. Home to the famous Captain Americas hamburger and mouth watering flame grilled steaks, there is something for everyone on the menu. Captain Americas offers the most attractive lunch deals in town & the early bird menu is a great way to start every night out. Captain Americas has branches on Grafton St, Blanchardstown and in Cork City. All our restaurants are fully licensed and we have a great selection of cocktails, beers & wines for you to choose from. Over the years we have collected hundreds of pieces of memorabilia from visiting Irish and international stars such as U2, Colin Farrell, Westlife, Debbie Harry and David Bowie and Green Day. Our memorabilia museum creates a unique and interesting atmosphere in the restaurants. We take reservations for groups, please look at our bookings page for further information or call us on the number listed below. Open 7 days a week
“Best veggie fajitas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Love their veggie fajitas.not many options for vegetarians. They always send a free meal voucher to my sons on their birthday which is a great entice to return

Visited March 2014

Cork
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stuffed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and 4 others loved the menu and found it hard to chose as everything looked appealing! My friends got 2 American burger- which they both were happy with and a fish and chips which she enjoyed but found the portion size big. My friend and I both got a cheese deluxe burger and we loved it! We were all impressed with the presentation burgers and fish looked amazing the only thing is maybe the chips would look nicer in a metal bucket than thrown on a plate but that's only a minor thing. Desserts were lovely! We got 3 meringue sundaes but were surprised to get a fudge sauce we were expecting a lighter version to the other sundae with maybe strawberries in it and a lighter fruity sauce maybe. My friend liked the cookie sandwhich. The staff were lovely and really helpful.

• Visited July 2014
Cork, Ireland
“Was good but something has changed ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Used love this place, eat there at least once a week but over time it has changed the prices have gone up but the food quantity an quality has gone down. For years two bakes potatoes was the norm with a burger now it's only 1 , I questioned this an was told that was the new rule, I would have been expected to pay for the second and the burgers have definitely shrunk in size not price, the staff are either very good or very slow, there's a Spanish lady there she maybe a manager she is excellent at her job and knows it well. I'd say give it a go an see how you get on its lovely when it works out.

1 Thank GlennC3
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Well done...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

And when i mean well done, i am indeed talking of the way the meat is cooked overhere: whatever are your preferences in that matter, 'medium rare' isnt oart of the chef's vocabulary. I won't say much as recently, people get sued for less.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Has seen better days”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I eat here from time to time when friends want to eat out in town, every time i eat here I come away wondering, why do I come back here, there are vastly superior eating options in the city at a similar price point, on one of my last visits my microwaved starter simply hadn't been microwaved well enough and was a little warm on the outside and cold/damp on the inside, looks like these had been slightly defrosted by this microwaving, after returning this quickly the staff were kind enough to try to charge me for this when we were paying the bill, bravo really!

• Visited June 2014