“Excellent food at an excellent price ”
Review of Cafe Bar Deli - CLOSED

Cafe Bar Deli
Price range: US$18 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here on numerous occasions in the last year. The food is consistently very very good and the prices are just fantastic. I always feel like I'm getting a great meal for great value. I've only ranked it a 4/5 though as the staff can be quite hit and miss.

1  Thank picnicingispleasant

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I have dined in Cafe Bar Deli numerous times in the past and have always been happy with my experience. On my last visit however I was very disappointed. Over all the food was good, well presented, tasted well and the portion size was just right. It is also cooked fresh almost in front of you! The only problem was the service which has never been their strong point. On arrival the waitress did not even greet us just stood and waited for us to speak first. Throughout the meal we felt as a group that we were more of an inconvenience to the two servers. When our dessert order came two of us received the wrong dessert when we pointed this out we were offered no apology even when the desserts we had ordered were given to us ten minutes later and were also cold. Not the way you'd expect crumble to be served. The staff here could really do with some basic training on how to interact with customers and how to deal with complaints.

1  Thank SNN1217
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Have visited here a few times and always get good food nice service at good prices.
They do a lot of Pizza and Pasta dishes but they have some nice European dishes as well.
Would recommend their assorted breads as a good starter and they do a lovely apple and plum crumble. They don't serve alcoholic drinks but you can bring your own wine if you like. well worth a visit.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Had dinner here earlier this week ...wow...what a disaster. No atmosphere. Food very average but in fairness the prices reflect that. I ordered a pasta dish which was swimming in oil....disgusting. It was the staff who made the most notable impression, for all of the wrong reasons. Met by a lady when we arrived and it was almost an imposition for her to seat us and given that the place was practically empty made it all the more annoying. Someone needs to offer some hospitality advice to staff. A pleasant demeanour and some basic courtesy is urgently required. I will not be back and would advise all potential diners to go somewhere. There are lots of restaurants in the Paul St vicinity where I'm sure the atmosphere and the hospitality will be served with your meal. And to add insult to injury, we were seated at a table that didn't even have cutlery or glasses...I had to get those myself. Unreal.

1  Thank Contessa1000
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Great place lovely staff pizza and pasta dishes we had were great and the prices were very reasonable really liked being to see the chefs cooking.