“Mouthwatering”

Price range: US$56 - US$74
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Courteous, efficient staff combined with mouth watering food & beautiful surroundings. My first visit to this restaurant but it won't be my last.

Ettienne V, General Manager at Perrotts Garden Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest Jacqueline R,

Thank you for writing such a glowing review on your dining experience at Perrotts Garden Bistro.

I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

the service is very good and the place is quite ok overall. but we were surprised by the fact that the fish and the scallops were great, while the burger was terrible and absolutely tasteless.
so your experience will depend on your choice of dishes

Dear Guest stanMoscow,

I'd like to thank you for your recent review of Perrotts Garden Bistro.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. Thank you for your feedback on our dishes which I shall be discussing with our Head Chef. It is only through constructive comments like yours that we can continue to improve and enhance our offerings.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Perrotts in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hayfield Manor is an institution in Cork but also happens to be the only 5* hotel in the City. They have two dining rooms Perrots Garden Bistro and Orchids restaurant. I have eaten in both, and recently two of us had Sunday Lunch in the Bistro. I was looking forward to it very much indeed. 5* hotel had to offer a 5* lunch, but for us we felt it fell short a little in the stars game.

While my beef main course was superb, neither the starter and dessert rang any bells for me, and I am not a picky eater, and extremely adventurous and appreciative when it comes to good food.

There were a couple of other issues that made me doubt the whole 5 star label. Firstly, the receptionist was very snooty when we arrived and politely asked for directions to the restaurant. There are two restaurants on the ground floor and both were open on that day. 5 Star service - should NEVER be snooty, that's why it's five star in the first place surely. A nice welcome and a smile would have cost her 15 seconds of her time. We were immediately ill at ease. Even after her explanation of where the bistro was, I was still not sure exactly where to go. She did not go the extra mile for us, and that's what 5* service is all about.

The table we were seated at was metal and glass. Crumbs from previous diners had lodged between the glass top and metal frame and were plainly visible. Who knows how long they had been there, and they were offputting. Crumbs on the table between courses where not brushed away by staff which is the norm in any decent restaurant. Two outdoor tables outside our window had ashtrays with used cigarette butts in them for the entire time we where there (90+ minutes), and these tables were very close to the hotel front door. It may seem I am nit picking, but remember, this is the only 5 star hotel in Cork city, these are elementary service no-no's for that category of hotel. There is a 'young fell' all dressed up in reception, I think he might have been a 'bell boy'. surely he should be keeping an eye on the ashtrays?

Having said that, our waitress was very good, very pleasant and made up for "her ladyship" on reception. HM should keep impressing on their staff that this is a 5* property and that guests expect the 5* treatment. Clearly the receptionist was missing for that part of the training day

Sunday Lunch is currently €39 per person, and a fairly decent bottle of wine will cost you that amount again at least. We left a tip, well at least the waitress deserved it. For us, it was a special occasion and we did enjoy it. Would I go back? Yes, I'd probably give it one more visit, but those crumbs, butts and the naughty receptionist would want to be invisible if that did happen ;-))

2  Thank Bryno

Dear Guest Byrno,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your special occasion at Perrotts Garden Bistro and for taking the time to review your recent experience with us.

It is a pleasure to read that you found both your main course and waitress excellent. I will be delighted to However, I am disappointed to hear that other aspects of your experience did not meet your expectations.

I am absolutely dismayed that a member of our front office team came across as 'snooty.' It is in our interest to provide friendly, efficient service to all of our guests, and the majority of our guests highlight how amicable and helpful our receptionists are. However, I have discussed this with our front office manager who has addressed your comments with the team. We are both in complete agreement that 5* service is all about going that extra mile and exceeding expectations.

I am also disappointed that the bistro surroundings were not up to our usual high standard on your visit. I have addressed the issue of the crumbs on the table with our newly appointed Restaurant Manager to ensure that pinnacle of cleanliness at all times.

I am happy to know that despite these issues, you enjoyed your meal with us and that you would return. Please contact me directly when you choose to do so as I'd like to personally oversee your visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Have eaten in Perrotts before and find it never fails to impress. Went on a Tuesday night for a meal and was majorly impressed yet again. Great menu, very friendly and helpful staff, lovely atmosphere and fab food. Five star all the way.

Dear Guest Conor D,

Thank you for taking the time to review Perrotts Garden Bistro.

I am delighted to know that we consistently manage to exceed your expectations on each visit to us. Thank you for your wonderful words on our staff, atmosphere and indeed our cuisine.

I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I eat in Perrotts quite regularly with my family. The menu suits us from the youngest to the oldest. It's a real crowd pleaser! We go there on special occasions so that we don't get too used to such great food! Although if I could go there everyday I would!

Dear Guest Oh_OK_18,

Many thanks for sharing your experiences of Perrotts Garden Bistro with us.

It is an absolute pleasure to have you and your family dine with us so regularly. I am delighted that you find there is something for everyone on the menu - our chefs will be thrilled to hear such great feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Perrotts (again!) very very soon.