“Snubbed by a rude member of staff....”

O Conaill Chocolate
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Cork
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Centre
Description: Cork hot chocolate and coffee shop. Fresh brownies and cakes from our bakery. Handmade chocolate bars.
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I was in there recently (28th of March) with a friend of mine there was no queue at the time so my friend got served straight away and I was directly behind her money in hand prepared to order when two or three other customers walked in and the member of staff served them first even though I was still waiting to order. I work in a restaurant so I gave her the benefit of the doubt the other people ordered and paid while I still stood there waiting to order. At this stage I was starting to wonder if it was deliberate as you cannot stand directly in front of someone and they still not notice you, she then turned around and proceeded make coffee with her head down.... At this point I just walked out feeling disheartened. Which is a shame because I love your shop and I love your products but this did kind of left a bitter taste in my mouth and I would be hesitant to return. It's a shame and I'll miss your hot chocolate. The girl was maybe slightly taller than average, pony tail, dark hair.

8  Thank riverleejames
There are newer reviews for O Conaill Chocolate

Reviewed 10 January 2014

i love o conaill chocolate shop. Every time i go there, i always get milk choclate praline hot chocolate. It is the best. It is so creamery and chocolate. Little chocolate buttons on the side is a nice touch. One of favorite places in cork city.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Love the hot chocolate here, especially praline. Lovely atmosphere and good service too. A real treat.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I heard from many sources the hit chocolate was wonderful. It is.

What no one mentioned is that they have a choice: milk chocolate - dark chocolate - bitter dark chocolate - etc. the dark chocolate was fantastic!!

See my photos!

I will come back every time I'm in Cork.

My only complaint is its so high ceilinged and stone floored that it can get VERY noisy.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

O'Connails hot chocolate is the best I've tasted. Its hot milk made with their own high quality chocolate, none of the rubbish powder stuff. Queues can be serious but move fast. Always good to takeaway as your wandering around town. Staff are efficient and friendly. I'd highly recommend if your visiting Cork.