“Lovely”

Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Donegal Town
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: DOM'S PIER 1 - Perched on the shores of Donegal Bay just a short walk from the Diamond , Dom's is the place to Eat, Drink & Relax in Donegal Town.Our Restaurant has stunning views of Donegal bay and its piers and with dining from 12noon till late seven days a week it is a must for locals and visitors alike.Our large and lively bar with its extensive range of beers, wines & spirits is the perfect place to meet friends for a night out or just to relax and sip a coffee.If you ever come to town you have to be able to say... " I've been to Dom's"...... See you soon !
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stopped off here after being on the road for 6 hours. Had a brief walk about the town and decided this was good value for money and a good menu. Staff were very attentive and friendly . I had lasagne which came with salad and chips and was lovely and homemade, couldn't fault it. My husband had beer battered cod and chips with chips and salad, he actually had 2 large fish on his plate and was so fresh and tasty. Meals cost around 9 euros each. I would definitely return . PS What is pink sauce, seems to be on all the menus there?

1  Thank PaulaScoble
There are newer reviews for Doms Pier 1

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have eaten at Dom's almost exclusively in our many trips to Donegal town. We always call ahead for a table in one of the huge glass windowed areas on the second floor, overlooking the bay. Service is top-notch, the selections are plentiful and well-prepared (served nice and hot!) and on this last trip I asked if there was an old favorite (Hunter's Chicken) from a previous menu and the chef cooked it up no problem! Nice ambiance , great food, attentive staff ... what more can you ask?!! Highly recommended by myself and all of our clients!

1  Thank Irishwriter1916
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I ate here with friends on Saint Patricks Day. There was a great atmosphere in Donegal town that day and the craic was mighty. The low point of the day was eating at Dom Breslin's.

First of all I have to say the service was good. The staff were helpful and friendly so I have no issue there whatsoever, but the food was poor and in fact all eight of my dining companions felt the same way.

This restaurant has a great view of Donegal Harbour but that is all that is great with this restaurant.

The food didnt taste great, was not well presented, and there were two hairs present in two different dishes which made me think that there needs to be some focus put on the kitchen and the chefs.

The menu is vast and there were far too many choices. Maybe thats whats wrong, too many dishes on the menu and then not enough time to do any dish well.

Im sure Dom Breslin doesnt really care because this restaurant is in a prime location and will no doubt do great tourist trade in the summer months and maybe 'ticking over' is what he is content with.

I have no doubt that this place would do twice as much trade if it had a manager and or a chef that actually cared.

If you enjoy good food you would be better off avoiding this place.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had not looked up this restaurant before we travelled but noticed the very good trip advisor rating on the door.

We only wanted a light lunch so I chose the Donegal Bay Seafiid Chowdr (5.5 euros) and worth every cent! No sweetcorn just loads of mussels and prawns and white fish in an excellent and light sauce - truly scrumptious. My other half had cream of vegetable soup (4 euros) and, although he is not a fan of cream soups he loved it.

Both were served with excellent bread which really did seem home made.

There is no way I could have eaten a main course after this but for a lovely lunch it was perfect.

Have read the previous review and cannot relate at all. The service was friendly and good and we compared prices here in other places in town later and they are absolutely on a par.

1  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Visited this restaurant recently with a friend, we ordered two completely different dishes, we were hungry and neither of us are fussy diners. The food we were served was all but inedable and it cost us €35. This is one of them spots that sucks the unweary in because of its location, don't get caught, eat somewhere else.