“Very disappointing”

Ranked #13 of 70 Restaurants in Donegal Town
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: DOM'S PIER 1 - Perched on the shores of Donegal Bay just a short walk from the Diamond , Dom's is the place to Eat, Drink & Relax in Donegal Town.Our Restaurant has stunning views of Donegal bay and its piers and with dining from 12noon till late seven days a week it is a must for locals and visitors alike.Our large and lively bar with its extensive range of beers, wines & spirits is the perfect place to meet friends for a night out or just to relax and sip a coffee.If you ever come to town you have to be able to say... " I've been to Dom's"...... See you soon !
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Had a few visits here over the years which were good but it seems that standards have greatly slipped. Five of us went in - three had mushrooms to start, four on each plate! Two veg soups which was not home made and tasted like a very popular packet brand. All had steaks but served only with a choice of potato, nothing else on plate apart from a kumquat, since when does that go with steak? I asked for my steak to be Med-Rare, it came out well done so I sent it back... next steak came, very well done. At that stage I didn't want my dinner as all my companions were finished. After 10 mins wait I was approached and told 'you do realize your steak will have blood and be rare?'!!! Also, that the well done steak I had received, with no red in it, was medium! Again I said I didn't want the food but they insisted. After 15 mins wait I received a steak that was indeed red but not med/rare but it was fine. Clearly the chef does not know how to cook a steak. Have had my food 30 mins after everyone else and being told what a med/rare steak would be, we did not get a discount only a mumbled apology saying 'sorry about the steak.' What was meant to be a nice family meal turned into a disaster with no real apology from Dom's, happy to take our money though. Will never go there for a meal again. If you're after a beautiful setting though this is the place to go.

1 Thank Alox B

• Polish first
Pentwater, Michigan
“empty at 6:30”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Three couples were there at 6:30 on a Tuesday night. Nice bartender who also waited on the tables. Since there were so few of us we thought that the service would be fast but not so much. Very slow. The food was good. The beer was great but the kitchen was slow.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank proach1015
Madrid
“Perfect evening”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We have just had an evening meal, it was a very busy Sunday (11th May 2014) The food and service were perfect. I try to get here at least once a year when I am in Donegal. I am never disappointed.
One small thing I really like here is the garlick potatoes covered in melted cheese.I finished my wifes and my daughter in laws.
I will be back next year.

Visited May 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stopped off here after being on the road for 6 hours. Had a brief walk about the town and decided this was good value for money and a good menu. Staff were very attentive and friendly . I had lasagne which came with salad and chips and was lovely and homemade, couldn't fault it. My husband had beer battered cod and chips with chips and salad, he actually had 2 large fish on his plate and was so fresh and tasty. Meals cost around 9 euros each. I would definitely return . PS What is pink sauce, seems to be on all the menus there?

1 Thank PaulaScoble
Nampa, Idaho
“Dom's is a great restaurant, right on Donegal Bay!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have eaten at Dom's almost exclusively in our many trips to Donegal town. We always call ahead for a table in one of the huge glass windowed areas on the second floor, overlooking the bay. Service is top-notch, the selections are plentiful and well-prepared (served nice and hot!) and on this last trip I asked if there was an old favorite (Hunter's Chicken) from a previous menu and the chef cooked it up no problem! Nice ambiance , great food, attentive staff ... what more can you ask?!! Highly recommended by myself and all of our clients!

1 Thank Irishwriter1916