Mill Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We waited here two nights on a weekend in January. The hotel is clean and it has a nice bar area. Our room was spacious and warm but I did think the bathroom was basic looking. The food in the hotel was good although I didn't find the staff overly friendly. I rang the Wellness centre & left a voicemail but no one got back to me & when I went in person to it the lady she had no appointments & was closing after 5, even though it says it's open till 7. I would return & locals told us it's popular with weddings.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Located within walking distance of Donegal town. Very friendly bar staff. Bar food was excellent. Didn't use the leisure centre. Rooms are spacious, nicely laid out and we'll maintained.
Lady serving breakfast wasn't the friendliest but overall, a nice place to stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BumpyBut
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just recently stay at the Mill Park Hotel in Donegal, this has been my third time now. The hotel is has been consistent in it's hospitality and cleanliness. The staff went out of their way make sure our stay was comfortable. The food was good and the chef's homemade bread was to die for. I can't fault how clean the room was, and I have stayed in many hotels which have not passed my high cleaning standards. I would highly recommend this lovely hotel in Donegal and look forward to going back next year!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison O
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I needed somewhere to go away with my elderly mother which would give a comfortable stay. Also a hotel with a good location. The Mill Park provided both of these. Firstly the location. 5 minutes drive to an excellent cluster of shops in Donegal town. Then beautiful coastal drives to the North and South - even in the rain which Donegal can provide much of at this time of year.
Arriving on a Sunday provided us with a quiet hotel but the staff were extremely helpful and suggested a room in a good position for my mother with us nearby. The main restaurant was closed but the bar had an extensive menu and food and drink were promply served. A lasting memory was the 3 of us sitting round a blazing fire in the reception area, drinks in hand, with the bar staff popping in every few minutes to offer service with a 'bit of craic'.
Definately recommended for a winter break.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Travelled from Glasgow for a wedding and enjoyed whole experience from start to finish. Staff were extremely efficient, professional and welcoming. Food was consistently good. Rooms were well appointed and very clean Highly recommended

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife, daughter and I went to a wedding recently and the reception was in this Hotel, The staff were helpful and friendly and were more than helpful The reception the guests got was fantastic with warm punch, champagne and little tidbits to whet your appetite. Out wedding meal was marvellous and the food was good and plentiful. Our rooms were clean and pleasant and the price very reasonable. Will be back. Happy Xmas to all and well done again.

Room Tip: A room away from the conference/dance rooms is advisable
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This was a gorgeous hotel with wonderful, friendly, accommodating staff. My father and I stayed, at the suggestion of staff, we took the easy walk into Donegal town for dinner one night and the other night ate at the hotel. Lovely walk and just the right distance from the hotel. We had breakfast both days at the hotel - the staff was fantastic. We drove all around Donegal and had the hotel as our "home base."

The rooms and the bath rooms are huge (but I agree - the light arrangement was not well thought out ... also we couldn't figure out the bathroom sink plug until the staff helped us - just press down on the stopper itself, no lever around the faucet area). The rooms and facilities were impeccable. The pool and hot tub/Jacuzzi are amazing and staff accommodated us as we did not have pool caps with us. We will definitely stay here again when we come to Donegal!

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor which faced the interior gardens - beautiful!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
#4 of 7 in Donegal Town
Sandhouse Hotel
Sandhouse Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh

Been to Mill Park Hotel? Share your experiences!