“My third new year at the Mill Park Hotel”
Review of Mill Park Hotel

Mill Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Belfast, United Kingdom
“My third new year at the Mill Park Hotel”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We spent three days over the new year period 2013 /4 with a large group of friends. It was indeed our third new year to be spent at this great hotel.
The complete experience was five star with great food, friendly staff and great craic. Keep up the good work Mill Park as we will be back soon.

Desie & June from the M.G. Owners' Club Belfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

What a excellent Hotel was the Mill Park Hotel & Spa! Clean,tidy.The staff & management couldn't do enough for you! We had 47 members off the MX-5 Owners Club NI down in Donegal Town at the weekend from the 31/01/2014 to 02/02/2014. This has to be one the best Hotel's I have ever stayed in & great value for money I will be back!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
lurgan
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My son and I stopped in here for lunch last week. We had heard good reports of the hotel and were keen to see for ourselves.
The reception is spacious and well lit and we picked up a Sunday paper on the way to the bar area.
Sitting in the bar/restaurant we were each brought a glass of iced water with the menu, which was a simple but nice touch.
The menu selection is wide ranging from snacks to full meals and reasonably priced for an hotel.
On bringing our cutlery I noticed as the waiter put down a fork he picked it up, looked at it and left, returning with a new one. He clearly noticed something and replaced the fork which said to me the staff are switched on and care.
I had the roast beef which was served with a side dish of potato, carrot and broccoli, my son a chicken and bacon panini that came with side salad. We both found our dishes filling and flavoursome. Two empty plates!
Total cost was about £20 including a half of Guinness.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank don h
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We waited here two nights on a weekend in January. The hotel is clean and it has a nice bar area. Our room was spacious and warm but I did think the bathroom was basic looking. The food in the hotel was good although I didn't find the staff overly friendly. I rang the Wellness centre & left a voicemail but no one got back to me & when I went in person to it the lady she had no appointments & was closing after 5, even though it says it's open till 7. I would return & locals told us it's popular with weddings.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Located within walking distance of Donegal town. Very friendly bar staff. Bar food was excellent. Didn't use the leisure centre. Rooms are spacious, nicely laid out and we'll maintained.
Lady serving breakfast wasn't the friendliest but overall, a nice place to stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BumpyBut
South Carolina
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just recently stay at the Mill Park Hotel in Donegal, this has been my third time now. The hotel is has been consistent in it's hospitality and cleanliness. The staff went out of their way make sure our stay was comfortable. The food was good and the chef's homemade bread was to die for. I can't fault how clean the room was, and I have stayed in many hotels which have not passed my high cleaning standards. I would highly recommend this lovely hotel in Donegal and look forward to going back next year!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alison O
N. Ireland
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I needed somewhere to go away with my elderly mother which would give a comfortable stay. Also a hotel with a good location. The Mill Park provided both of these. Firstly the location. 5 minutes drive to an excellent cluster of shops in Donegal town. Then beautiful coastal drives to the North and South - even in the rain which Donegal can provide much of at this time of year.
Arriving on a Sunday provided us with a quiet hotel but the staff were extremely helpful and suggested a room in a good position for my mother with us nearby. The main restaurant was closed but the bar had an extensive menu and food and drink were promply served. A lasting memory was the 3 of us sitting round a blazing fire in the reception area, drinks in hand, with the bar staff popping in every few minutes to offer service with a 'bit of craic'.
Definately recommended for a winter break.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
#5 of 7 in Donegal Town
Sandhouse Hotel
Sandhouse Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh

Been to Mill Park Hotel? Share your experiences!