We came across Harvey's Point when talking about our Donegal trip on Twitter, they said "pay us a visit". We agreed to stay a night and got a double deluxe suite for myself, wife and son. It's about 5km from Donegal Town and beside Lough Eske. The room was simply staggering, 80 metres squared, well appointed, jacuzzi, fancy TV etc. The porter brought us there, taking a proper amount of time to show us the room and explain the services. We had lunch from room service and then a meal in the wine bar, which could be cosier, but the piano playing and great view made up for that. We had lovely burgers, chowder, and a pinot grigio. We slept well, as I said the room was gorgeous. The next day we had a great breakfast (there was a chef cutting Gammon) and then a 3 hour guided walk around the surrounding area by local expert Keith Corcoran. We left feeling totally relaxed, it may be the best 250-300 euros you'll spend if you are in need of a pick me up...It was truthfully the first time when I had left knowing the names of the staff, they were that friendly...super...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal