Having stayed in countless hotels all over the world,from 5 star hotels to backpacker hostels and having experienced service that varied from brilliant to non-existant,I found it ironic that the best hotel I ever stayed is to be found in my own home county of Donegal.
From the minute we checked in,we were made to feel welcomed and treated as if we were the only couple who were there.
We stayed in an executive room (The most basic ! ) and it was simply stunning. It wasn't just the huge floor area but also how classy the room was. Comfortabe chairs and a table,huge flat screen TV,seperate kitchenette area with tap,sink and minibar and a massive king size bed! In any other hotel,this would be the presidential suite! And I haven't even mentioned the bathroom,which was also superb,with a 2 person bath,stand alone shower and his & hers sinks!
And if the rooms aren't enough to impress you,the food certainly will. We had a lovely dinner in the restaurant,great food and generous portions. Breakfast next morning was just as good,with a chef on duty to cook your omlette to order.
Harvey's Point is not a cheap place to stay by any means but it is really worth every penny,it's the full package of service,dining and super accommodation. My one regret is that we only went for one night but that's something we will change the next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal