This hotel is located in a wonderful lake side area just outside donegal town. We stayed in the executive double and my jaw hit the floor when we were shown to our room by brendan who was so helpful. The room was huge and the bathroom was twice the size of any other hotel i'd stayed in previously, I was so shocked with the room i didn't even see the beautiful bouquet of flowers my boyfriend had delivered to the room! The breakfast was laid out well and the homemade pancakes and omelettes were a lovely touch. A lot of little extras in the room really made it homely, the jug of milk for making tea and the jar of cookies yum, the candles around the bath tub. We were very fortunate with the weekend we picked as the weather was in the high 20's, the negative I would have is, there is no air conditioning in the room, the hotel do supply a fan but unfortunately it did little to help with the heat of the room, however as it is Ireland and the weather is very unpredictable it is easy to overlook. A swimming pool would have been a wonderful extra but unfortunatey there isn't one, however we certainly made use of the fabulous beaches in the area. We ate off the bar menu as the dinner one seemed a tad overpriced and i didn't really see much i would eat off it, We got a jug of mi-wadi orange and were quite surprised at being charged 3.80 we only noticed this after we had left and were looking over the receipt the 2nd time it was 2.80 a little ridiculous for some dilute in "free" water! Also had facials in the spa with Roisin and they were great she was lovely and our faces glowed after. Would definately recommend the Hotel, the staff are an asset to the place and the owners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, LateRooms, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal