“best hotel in Donegal”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Belfast, United Kingdom
“best hotel in Donegal”
Reviewed 11 August 2008

My husband and I stayed here last Oct for l night, while at the same time attending one of the hotels "summer concerts". Our room which was beautiful and spacious had all the comforts anyone could wish for. The staff are very professional and friendly. Food excellent and concert wonderful. We have since gone back for lunch both in the bar and dining room. Again the staff (those attending to us and others just passing by) are very friendly and make you feel welcomed. Food at lunchtime excellent though service is a bit slow. We shall be returning to this hotel as soon as possible again. To spend Christmas here would be wonderful !!

• Liked — very professional in every area
  • Disliked — service a little slow at lunchtime
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,253)
Dublin
Reviewed 23 July 2008

This really is an amazing hotel. From the moment you arrive the staff do everything possible to make you feel welcome and are happy to assist in any way they can. The hotel itself is superb, huge rooms with a beautiful bathroom and wonderful decor.

The restaurant is a must, both the food and the service is spectacular. The views of the lake are breathtaking and these can also be seen from the panoramic views in the restaurant. While we were there the hotel had a wedding function. It is held in a separate part of the hotel so it doesn't inconvenience other guests at all. The breakfast is also wonderful and I honestly can't think of any negatives with respect to this hotel. It has five star quality.

• Liked — The rooms are amazing.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Belfast, Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2008

I recently reviewed the Signature Las Vegas where we stayed for our honeymoon in 2007, and I would have been happy going through life believing that this hotel (the one voted No 1 Luxury Hotel in America by Trip advisors users) was the nicest hotel I’ve ever stayed in.

BUT... Along came Harvey's Point, A hotel hidden away in Donegal, the place where I spent every one of my childhood summer holidays.

Harvey's Point is a beautiful hotel, in a most tranquil location, with standard executive rooms which surpass some 5star hotels master suites, a bath big enough for two, three sinks and a shower big enough for four if you're that way inclined!

Our room had a kitchenette, chaise long, oversize desk, 40 something inch TV, two big armchairs and footstools, and a table and chairs for two!

If it wasn't in such a beautiful location I wouldn't have left the room.

The bar and restaurant service was excellent and the food is to die for, 5 beautiful courses, and a good selection on the menu.

Avail of their excellent mid week package - book three nights get 4th night for free!

If I had a complaint it would be that there was no Pool, but give it a few weeks they're in the process. At which point I would not be surprised to see Harvey's Point 5* Hotel.

I Will be back, sooner rather than later!

• Liked — Size of 'Standard Rooms'.
  • Disliked — See review - No Pool, but there will be SOON.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank dixie1982
greece
Reviewed 9 June 2008

We've stayed a few times at Harvey's Point over the years and couldn't recommend this hotel enough. The setting is spectacular in what is still a part of unspoiled Ireland; we were captivated by it's magic. Inside the hotel, the staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough to ensure your stay was memorable. We had one of the new suites which was palatial - every comfort thought of.
We will return.

• Liked — Hospitality and high standard of suites
  • Disliked — Couldn't stay long enough
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelbugsGreece
Cookstown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2008

Of all the hotels I have stayed in, this one, by far was impeccable.

On arrival, the check-in was easy, the staff were more than helpful and catered for everyone in our party.
Access to the rooms were separate from the hall and entertainment areas which was quiet and there was ramp access and lifts which was great for the elders that were with us.
The twin executive room we had was huge! It had a jacuzzi, walk in shower, changing room, hallway, kitchen with sink and the bedroom with office desk, dining table, chez longue, armchairs, footstools, and big TV! (Which I found better than a suite in New York!).

The water supply was extracted from the bogs, filtered and was completely safe to drink and bathe in. It looked slightly tinted but tasted fine so didn't bother me at all.

The evening meal was wonderful. The staff again were pleasant, the food was lovely, the piano was playing and the atmosphere was completely chilled.
It's a short journey out of Donegal town, and it's not lively. It was the perfect unwinding getaway we were looking for.

• Liked — The luxury of everything - the service, food and rooms
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank aoneill87
Londonderry
Reviewed 14 April 2008

We took a trip to Harvey's point for two nights over valentines day 2008. We stayed in a premium room which was absolutely beautiful, the bathroom was amazing and the view wonderful. Lovely toweling robes and new slippers awaited us and a well stocked mini bar a welcome letter with the weather forecast for the duration of our stay. What I loved about this hotel was the attention to detail which in my eyes is very important and makes a hotel, everything seemed to be run with military precision and I believe many hotels should take a leaf out of their book.

The restaurant was a lovely setting (maybe the decor was a bit dated) but it didn't bother me because everything else was perfect. The food was superb and you aren't rushed. The staff were very attentive, polite and welcoming.

The grounds are lovely my fiance was planning to propose to me outside however we disturbed the sleeping geese and they chased us!! I accepted the proposal in our luxurious suite and enjoyed a romantic Jacuzzi (with enough room for four people never mind two)

Are room was turned down in the evening and replenished with fresh milk, fruit and chocolates, on the second evening we did not need are bed turned down as we were staying in but they rang the doorbell to ask if we wanted are bed turned down or needed anything and left the chocolates anyway, which was lovely.

I will be back at Harvey's point and will always remember it not just because it was where I got engaged there but because it was an impeccable hotel.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — decor
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leakova
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2008

I stayed at Harvey's Point from 4th-7th April 2008 for a family wedding. My first impressions were of a a beautiful, opulent hotel with very hospitable staff.

The hotel is situated by Lake Eske, a gorgeous mid-sized lake with breathtaking views and lots of wildlife around.

Our room was fab, with a huge bedroom and a view of the lake, a equally huge bed, and a grand bathroom.

We ate dinner once at the hotel restaurant, which was similarly opulent. The menu was vast, with several veggie options. Presentation was wonderful, and everything was delicious! I highly recommend the angus beef carpaccio, and the pork belly!

The two most exceptional features of my stay at Harvey's Point were the food and the staff. The food I have already mentioned, though I surely haven't done it justice. The staff are the jewel in the crown, however. They are always polite and friendly, and at pains to help. The attention to minute details is amazing. Rooms are turned down several times a day, mini-bar drinks cost the same as drinks at the bar, staff ask if you would like them to take your coat or other belongings whilst you eat, the list is almost endless.

I've never stayed in a hotel like this before. Highly recommended.

• Liked — The setting, food and service.
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay here forever!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh
The Central Hotel - Donegal
The Central Hotel - Donegal
#5 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Harvey's Point? Share your experiences!