Hi, I spent one night here recently in a Deluxe room. Firstly, the room - amazing! Really spacious with separate bar/lobby etc and a fantastic jacuzzi bath which I thoroughly enjoyed. I was slightly disappointed with the level of cleanliness, I dropped an earring back on the floor in the seating area in the room and had to get down on my hands and knees to find it, discovered quite a lot of dirt which hadn't been hoovered up. We had a view of the car park which wasn't ideal either. The weather when we went was awful which meant we couldn't appreciated the grounds as we would have liked, unfortunately. I did find the corridors of the hotel a bit long and cold, it made the hotel feel like there was no-one there. We had an evening meal and mine arrived cold. I wasn't too bothered about it but the maitre'd spotted it uneaten on my plate and couldn't apologise enough. He even found us the next morning along with the flamboyant manager Noel and apologised profusely and took it off our bill. Great service all round. The breakfast was gorgeous but the serving areas were a bit small and cramped. The fresh smoothies were gorgeous! All in all a lovely place although a bit pricey, I don't normally go to hotels which don't have leisure facilities and would like to see them at this hotel. I would consider going back again in better weather to appreciate the gorgeous grounds. Hopefully the restaurant will have been refurbished by then and we won't have to sit with a view of a building site when eating breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Booking.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal