I had work in Donegal and was also hoping to catch up with a friend so Harveys Point was the perfect place to combine work and pleasure. The drive up to it is gorgeous and the planting of daffodils on the roadside is a nice touch. Like everybody else, I thought Sean was a treasure. The food is excellent although I did think service at dinner was a little sloppy for what you pay - starters brought before the wine, we were not offered sides and cappocino was a little watery. These are minor criticisms and I must add the dover sole was the nicest I ever had. At all other times I felt the service was warm, good and unpretentious.
One tip I would suggest is to include suggested walks/runs in the information folder in the room. I discovered the forest walk myself. It was gorgeous to get out for a run and hear the water lapping at Lough Eske and the birds singing with the 'blue' bluestacks in the background. Good for the head, body and soul.
Sean told me that 80% of their business is repeat business and I can see why. I am definitely going to send my parents there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal