Just back from a two night break which wasn't long enough. The staff are excellent, great training is evident and the friendliness and helpfulness of each staff member is just right and not intrusive.
The size of the rooms was a lovely surprise....big! We had a lakeshore suite which was ideal with our dog. We would have loved to have been able to sit for an after dinner drink with our dog as we had felt guilty having been in the restaurant for so long partaking of their sumptuous food & leaving him in the room on his own but we totally understand they aren't allowed. It's just it forced us back to our room earlier purely out of guilt for leaving the dog! That said returning to the room was a lovely luxury and the balcony was beautiful to sit outside on,
We feel so relaxed after our stay yet we did a lot of driving during the day sight seeing and really can't wait to return for hopefully a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal