Went for two nights but was so delighted with everything was lucky to be able to stay for three nights. It is so welcoming in every respect. The spaciousness and cleanliness of the whole building from the wide staircase (even one long thickly carpeted sloping ramp to the first floor) to the large en suite bedroom, which is complete with everything to the bright dining room overlooking the lake was fantastic. The buffet breakfast was to die for. The main dinner menu is expensive but there is a very good smaller bar menu, less expensive and for a main course is excellent, beautifully presented and while we were there it was served in the diningroom.
I feel the hotel should have a larger sign on the N15 road as the hotel is off this on very narrow unnamed roads. I missed this sign and ended up in Donegal town and was on endless narrow roads before I eventually found it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal