We booked a 2 night midweek break, which included dinner in the restaurant on one of the nights. From the moment we arrived, we loved it. Staff were very welcoming, very large (premium) room overlooking the lake, very comfortable bed, delicious breakfast (I totally recommend the pancakes!!), and very tasty dinner. I can honestly say that it is easily one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had and we were sorry to have to leave!
We used the hotel as a base to explore Donegal. It's a big county so we had plenty of driving but I think the hotel's location is good for this. We visited Sliabh Liag, Glenveagh, Killybegs, Donegal Town, and Bundoran and a few villages and sightseeing spots along the way. An interesting and varied couple of roadtrips which made the extremely comfortable bed (and the jacuzzi!) very welcome at the end of the day, following our dinner and a visit to the cosy bar.
Oh - don't miss the snug with open fire next to reception - I can imagine it's popular on a cold winter's day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal