“Will be staying here again and again!”
Review of Harvey's Point

Harvey's Point
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Galway, Ireland
“Will be staying here again and again!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

From the moment my wife, our one year old son and I arrived at the front door, I knew our stay would be immensely enjoyable.
The hotel itself is beautifully appointed at the foot of the Blue Stack Mountains and Lough Eske making for wonderful walks and amazing scenery. If any of you regularly stay in hotels, (on average I am away on business 6 nights every month) you will know what I'm taking about when I say "Home away from Home".
The Exective rooms are spacious with well appointed furniture and the beds are super comfy. The food is fantastic, could not get over the set deal they deliver for €49, but it's the staff that make it for me!
Never in any hotel have I witnessed such good, professional staff. They know what to do, when to do it and it's clear to me also, that they know why they are doing it! That's the important part, that's the hook for me.
I have stayed with Harvey's Point on 2 separate occasions both as a corporate guest and with family on a leisure weekend and quite simply cannot say enough good things about both stays, in fact I'm staying again tomorrow night 08-05 and looking forward to it!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Joefitz10
Deirdre M, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Joe,

What a wonderful review! Thank you for such high praise. I assure you that this will not lead us into complacency. It encourages us to raise the bar higher and find new ways to delight our guests and pursue excellence in hotel keeping and hospitality.

It was genuinely our pleasure to welcome you and your family to Harvey’s Point and it is fantastic to hear that you had an enjoyable visit. We feel we have done well when our discerning guests feel ‘at Home at Harvey’s’. That is our ethos.

You are correct in referring to our super team. At Harvey’s Point, we have a unique culture of caring for our guests and for each other. It is ‘the people who make the place’.

We look forward to extending another warm welcome to you on your next visit. Please let me know when you are returning so that I can meet you for a chat and say thank you in person.

Deirdre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,268)
Edenderry, Ireland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have recently returned from a truly special time at Harvey's Point hotel in Donegal. From the moment we arrived until we left we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We had requested an early check in as we flew from the States overnight, and drove directly to the hotel and the staff at Harvey's were very happy to faciliate this request. Dinner in hotel that night was outstanding, and the staff working there were extremely friendly and helpful. The room itself was out of this world, I have never stayed anywhere so nice before! Every detail was thought of, and we particularly loved the postcard on the room key which the staff kindly posted for us on our departure. We cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jane m
Dear Jane,

Thank you most sincerely for your delightful review which is greatly appreciated by the Gysling Family and our entire team. It is rewarding and encouraging to receive such positive feedback.

Rest assured that we will continue in our quest for excellence in hotel keeping and hospitality. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Harvey’s Point.

Dungannon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My vegatarian and dairy free diet was catered for superbly even had a jug of soya milk in the fridge staff very friendly and welcoming Dog friendly a wonderful place for a break luxurious and spacious loved it

Room Tip: Ground floor if you bring a dog
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rosemary,

Many thanks for your lovely review following your recent visit to Harvey’s Point. We hope to have the pleasure of you as our guest again sometime (and a warm welcome awaits your dog too).

Ballyclare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The staff and hotel were really special. My wife and I loved every moment. We really enjoyed the relaxing environment and look forward to going back again soon. Great location for exploring other areas of Donegal. David & Jennifer Wilson

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AntrimDave1
Dear David & Jennifer,

It was our pleasure to welcome you to Harvey’s Point and thank you for your kind words. We are very happy to learn that you had a relaxing and enjoyable experience and that you had an opportunity to discover the amazing beauty of County Donegal.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Donabate, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Thanks to all at Harveys Point for a late booking after midnight which I recently decided to stay overnight in Donegal as opposed to driving home back to Dublin.
To be honest, I had always wanted to stay here given that it is No.1 on tripadvisor in Ireland so this suited me fine and allowed to be see what was behind this hotel.
I rang from the phone and on arrival was very welcomed and on check in thought they had made a mistake as the room is the largest I have ever stayed in and asked had they made a mistake to the reply that no this executive room was their standard room. I think that says it all, it was over 800 sq.ft and well fitted out.
They attended to a late drink and some food even though it was after 12.
Breakfast the next morning was fantastic and based on this very short stay, I will definitely come back here as Donegal is a fantastic beautiful county and to have this gem of a hotel is a credit to the county and the Country.
Many thanks to all at Harvey's Point.
JD

Room Tip: I think they are all good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Traveling-Wilburys3
Dear JD,

We are delighted that you chose to stay at Harvey’s Point and thank you for your delightful comments following your recent visit.

We are honoured and humbled to receive such high praise but please know that it is only natural for us to extend the renowned ‘Donegal welcome’ to all our visitors, no matter what time they arrive or what their requirements are.

It will certainly be our pleasure to have you as our guest for a relaxing leisure break sometime soon. Take time to discover the amazing rugged beauty of Donegal and the charm of its lovely people.

We look forward to being of service to you again.

Banbridge
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned from two fabulous day in Harvey's Point Hotel with my sister. Totally blown away.... It was fabulous. The place was just awesome . The accom was palatial . The staff were soooo nice and remembered names and the food was unquestionably the best Iv ever eaten . We will defiantly be back. The only negative thing I can comment on was the lack of a magnifying mirror in the bathroom. Ladies, you know if you wear specticals that this is a must when applying make up!! However, we made this know to reception and I have no doubt that on our return , this little detail will have been rectified .

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you most sincerely for your kind comments in relation to your visit to Harvey’s Point last month. We are thrilled to learn that you had a lovely experience.

I appreciate your comment regarding the magnifying mirror in the bathroom. My understanding was that there was one in each room but for sure I will check this out. I know exactly what you mean, now that I have finally succumbed to wearing glasses. Fair point indeed!

Rest assured that this detail will be rectified well in advance of your return visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

What a wonderful experience! What made our stay special was the ambience and ethos of the hotel. The efficiency and friendliness of all staff. The wonderful views,but the icing on the cake was the ability to have our lovely Golden Retriever with us in the chalet. The chalet was very luxurious and we loved it.The hotel offers peace and tranquility and the food was gorgeous. WE will definitely be back ourselves and also with our friends.I cant wait until our next visit. I can very highly recommend this hotel to everyone as it is also very affordable. Our dog even got a certificate of good behaviour!.

Room Tip: ask the advice of the staff but the chalets are great as they are luxurious but also homely.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear David,

It was our pleasure to welcome you to Harvey’s Point. It is most encouraging and rewarding to learn that you (and your lovely dog) enjoyed your visit to our hotel. This means so much to us and rest assured that we will continue to seek new ways to delight our guests.

Thank you for your high recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Donegal Town
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh
The Central Hotel - Donegal
The Central Hotel - Donegal
#5 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Harvey's Point? Share your experiences!