We've just returned from a long weekend stay at this hotel, our 4th visit. There is not much to complain about here - the surroundings, the rooms, the staff and the food exceed expectations. Another plus point is that they welcome dogs, and not in inferior rooms as I have experienced elsewhere, but beautiful lakeside rooms which have their own living room and private veranda.
There are miles of walks which can be taken right from the front gates of the hotel (the hotel will supply you with information) but the location is also ideal to explore the rest of Donegal and beyond into Fermanagh.
Harvey's Point is not a budget hotel but it is great value for money - so you may pay more but you won't regret it - I would defy anyone to be hungry after their breakfast and it's lovely to get a smile and greeting from every member of staff from the cleaners to the owners.
Everyone should treat themselves to a stay here if they get the opportunity, I am already planning my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal