Arrived on Sunday afternoon after a long drive in heavy rain to the hearty glow of a turf fire in reception and friendly welcome at check-in (special mention to Donna & Sean). My wife & I decided to avail of the Sunday Carvery - what a feast!! Absolutely stuffed after five courses of high quality food. A measure of the Carvery's popularity was the 500 covers that day. To the room then...the biggest we have ever seen never mind stayed in, with fabulous view of Lough Eske. A perfect retreat from which we didn't want to leave...own bar, living room, TV room, huge bedroom, massive bathroom with double jacuzzi. Our 3-night stay was for our 20th wedding anniversary. Couldn't have chosen a better venue. The relaxing ambience was just the ticket. The trump card Harvey's Point has over any potential contender is its location right on the water's edge...even the approaching drive and first glimpse of the hotel across the lake makes you know you are going to enjoy your stay. Breakfasts were amazing buffet affair, and you could choose to have gammon sliced off the bone (my favourite bit!) or have an omelette cooked to order, freshly done pancakes...the choice was endless! Dinner was fabulous also with very high quality food (my wife loved the cheese trolley and the selection of Irish cheeses!) and excellent service. Decorating the dessert plate with Happy Anniversary was a nice touch. Will probably bore everyone we know for ages to come about much we enjoyed this place - can't praise it highly enough. This was our first visit. We will be back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal