My fiancee and I stayed at Harveys Point from 29th-30th march as we were attending the wedding fayre, how this hotel has not been given 5 stars yet is beyond me. We stayed in one of the premium suites. Our stay was in total luxury, jacuzzi and double shower in bathroom, large living area and a gorgeous entrance hall to room.
The suite we stayed in was like no other I have been in before helped to the room by the concierge (Brendan) we were shown the ins and outs of the suite to allow us to make full use of our room. Classical music is piped into your bathroom should you want it there is a volume control on the wall. The bed was big enough for 6 people let alone 2. I can honestly say the 360 views on the site do not come close to what you experience in real life. Rooms are emaculate and extremely well kept. At night fresh fruit and milk will be delivered to your room.
The residents bar is fab, really relaxing and cozy with open fire. Futher into the bar there are large windows with a view of the lake STUNNING!! Staff walk with a sense of purpose they are always assisting or clearing tables etc. you will never pass a member of staff in this hotel without being acknowledged or asked if you need anything.
As the wedding fayre was on the day we arrived the hotel was buzzing with life Harveys have an army of staff all of whom were extremely professional and curtious. One thing you will notice in the staff at Harveys is that they really seem to enjoy their work and really care about their guests. The staff in my opinion are the reason why Harveys Point is so unique they make you feel as if you haven't a worry in the world and put you to complete ease.
The food........Gordon Ramsey doesn't have a patch on the head chef at Harveys (I would know as I was at his restaurant in London very over rated) anyway all food is prepared using fresh products its is presented stunningly. Myself and my fiancee had our 5 course meal to our room each course was delivered separately with adequate time allowed between each meal. For breakfast again delivered to the room my fiancee had the fry which was huge and looked gorg I don't actually know because she wouldn't let me have any! I had the kippers which were fresh and tasted wonderful.
We have now decided to book our wedding in Harveys point. I strongly recommend any couple thinking of getting married to consider Harveys Point there is not a hotel in Ireland that compares to it. Jonathan Kelly is the man to get in touch with.
I have honestly never enoyed a stay in a hotel like I did in Harveys point one nights stay felt like a weeks break. The hotel is absolutely stunning with amazing surroundings. You will leave Harveys Point feeling totally relaxed and wanting to return.
F.A.O. Marc & Deirdre your staff are a true credit to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal