Quite simply, magnificent.
The luxury and comfort of the Executive Suite; the ambience (welcoming and friendly without being overbearing); the simply exquisite dining - gourmet, steakhouse (and spectacular breakfasts!); the speedy and superb room service; the beautiful surroundings.
When one reads the narrative in the brochure relating to the conception of this hotel, one gets a sense of a family enterprise that has been a labour of love,passion and drive; all I can say is this - that vision is perhaps the most spectacularly realised I have encountered, and it finds fruition in every aspect of this wonderful hotel.
After only two nights, we simply cannot wait to return - this is the type of destination that one is sorry to leave, and has spoilt us for anywhere else, it really is that good.
I cannot stress enough how wonderful the experience was, and would, without hesitation, recommend this fantastic hotel to anyone looking for something very special indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal