On arrival, we were greeted warmly and told we were getting upgraded to a suite with no extra charge! We were then shown to our room. It was absolutely beautiful, massive, with a jacuzzi bath, dressing area, 50 inch plasma TV and four poster bed. I couldn't fault the room, it was so clean, I saw them combing the rug tassells in another room as I walked down the corridor!!
We had dinner in the Steakhouse on the first night. I wasn't overly impressed, while the steak was delicious there was very little choice other than that and mains were served with chips and mushy peas. However there was a nice ambience in the room.
The rest of the hotel was nicely decorated, some parts very slightly 90s. The breakfast was also delicious with a great choice. The staff are very friendly and helpful - I think this is something they pride themselves on.
If I had any complaints I think most hotels in the same price range have a swimming pool and spa. It is something that is slightly missing in this hotel.
Its quite different from most of the other new hotels, it has a nice friendly warm atmosphere, I find some new hotels quite cold.
Overall I would recommend this hotel, especially if you are looking for something in a beautiful location with large comfortable rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, LateRooms, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal