“magnificant, somewhere worth staying!”
Review of Harvey's Point

Harvey's Point
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Reviewed 30 August 2009

From the moment you enter the grounds of this hotel you feel relaxed and welcome. The staff are most helpful and accomodating, nothing you ask is too much effort for them. The rooms are splendid a real delight to stay in and the views are amazing. Very relaxed atmosphere all round highlighted by the magnificant lough views,relaxing music in the bathroom down to the very smell of the turf fires. Finally the restaurants live up to the four stars as all food served was beautiful and the staff again helpful and friendly.

There are newer reviews for Harvey's Point

Reviewed 29 August 2009

I took my Husband to Harveys Point for a suprise for his birthday, after staying at Harveys Point he says I cannot top it. From the minute we arrived the Staff were so helpful and friendly, the suite luxurious and the food delicious with the Carabet dinner a night not to be missed. All I can say is that this Hotel does not deserve four stars, if there was such a thing as ten star this Hotel would definitely qualify for it. We travel a lot in different countries and I cannot honestly say that in all aspects this Hotel beats every other one we have stayed in.

Reviewed 26 August 2009

My wife and I spent 4 nights at Harvey’s Point in August and it was almost perfect.

We were booked into a Deluxe room, huge, well equipped, well serviced. I read an earlier review where it talked about a noisy bed…were you in 216? Ours was noisy on the right hand side, but the bed was so big it was possible to ignore it. 5 stars for the room, or should I say rooms.

We booked two meals in the Gourmet Restaurant. The food was very good, however, the menu stayed the same for all four nights of our stay. On our first night, Thursday, we saw food being served that was not on the menu, for example, Mussels as a starter. Upon checking the menu for the Steakhouse Restaurant, we found that mussels were on that menu. Now, mussels are a particular favourite of mine, so I asked at reception on Saturday if I would be able to order something from the Steakhouse menu, and was told I could. My wife did not want anything from the Steakhouse menu, and was happy to continue with the Gourmet menu.
However, when I asked the waitress, then Damien, the Duty Manager, he told us that I could only change the Main Course. In Damien’s words, this was “being prepared to meet me half way”. Is this what service is about, meeting a customer half-way? I think not. In every other way Damien was an excellent Manager. The thing that niggles me is that there seems not to be a policy. If someone is served Mussels from the Steakhouse Menu on a Thursday, why not on a Saturday? If you have a policy that states no food from one menu allowed in the other restaurant, that’s fine. But don’t offer it to some and not others.

It’s a shame that this incident made the stay almost perfect instead of the perfect it would have got in every other aspect.

Finally, how people can give this hotel 1 star is completely beyond me.

Reviewed 24 August 2009

Absolutely fantastic hotel. The suite was beyond expectations, beautiful decor and so spacious. The food was superb. The location idyllic and the peace and quiet heavenly!
The kindness and courtesy of all the staff, from check in to check out was second to none.
Harveys Point is a real treasure.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2009

It is rare to find a hotel which ticks all the boxes but Harvey's Point came very very close. Efficient,helpful and cheerful staff, the largest bedrooms and bathrooms I have encountered ( and I have travelled quite alot) beautifully appointed and with the most delightful position one could wish for. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Have just returned from Harvey's Point. It was a wonderful experience. We went there for the Wednesday night cabaret which was absolutely fantastic. The food and service was top class. Stayed in an executive suite which was delightful. Staff very friendly and helpful. Can't wait to go back. Well done.

Reviewed 13 August 2009

On arrival, we were greeted warmly and told we were getting upgraded to a suite with no extra charge! We were then shown to our room. It was absolutely beautiful, massive, with a jacuzzi bath, dressing area, 50 inch plasma TV and four poster bed. I couldn't fault the room, it was so clean, I saw them combing the rug tassells in another room as I walked down the corridor!!
We had dinner in the Steakhouse on the first night. I wasn't overly impressed, while the steak was delicious there was very little choice other than that and mains were served with chips and mushy peas. However there was a nice ambience in the room.
The rest of the hotel was nicely decorated, some parts very slightly 90s. The breakfast was also delicious with a great choice. The staff are very friendly and helpful - I think this is something they pride themselves on.
If I had any complaints I think most hotels in the same price range have a swimming pool and spa. It is something that is slightly missing in this hotel.
Its quite different from most of the other new hotels, it has a nice friendly warm atmosphere, I find some new hotels quite cold.
Overall I would recommend this hotel, especially if you are looking for something in a beautiful location with large comfortable rooms.

1  Thank bowsandwhistles
#4 of 7 in Donegal Town
The Central Hotel - Donegal
The Central Hotel - Donegal
#5 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Harvey's Point? Share your experiences!