I visited from a weekend night and also had dinner in the gourmet restaurant.
Stayed in a premier suite. The suite is wonderful. 900+ square feet, wonderfully appointed and very bright and airy feel. Ambient lighting and a subdued and relaxed bathroom make the suite the perfect place to feel comfortable and at ease. nice large flat screen TV and some very comfortable TV chairs.
The Bar and Restaurant is wonderfully relaxed. We arrived 10 mins before our reservation and were offered to enjoy a drink first. A nice wine while sitting in a the cosy snug bar / lounge area in front of an open turf fire. The aroma of the fire and the dark wood panelled walls and old world red leather seats really set the mood. 20 mins later we moved onto the restaurant and enjoyed a wonderful 4 course meal. the course timing was perfect. attentive yet relaxed. Wonderful food.
Harveys is a gem of a hotel and absolutely ideal for those looking to spend a weekend with someone special. the lakeside location is wonderfully peaceful with nice walking trails, mountains, and woodland all around. The staff are one of the greatest assets of this hotel. Genuine, warm, and professional. top marks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal