“Would have licked there plate if they were at home”
Review of The Village Tavern - CLOSED

The Village Tavern
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Was in tavern last night with a party of six and every plate was wiped clean which is great sign one person even say would have licked there plate if he was at home.I had cajun chicken risotto there was also,seafood platter.soup,monk fish gratin all were fault less.Main were also worth waiting for Braised pork belly with spiced apple was to die for was also a monk fish risotto and seafood platter.Desert were also lovely must visit if like food/seafood and excellent prices.

4  Thank geekyjay

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a friendly pub and restaurant. Good quality local food is served. We visited on a Sunday evening- lunches are served until 7, I think the Sunday menu is limited so would like to return to sample the seafood. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Deet29
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I saw all the great reviews and I was really excited to eat here and I wasn't disappointed! The food is absolutely delicious and the chips are so tasty and crispy which I love! Though I have to say that the area can get a little rough so just be careful. The Village Tavern has to be one of the best places to eat in Donegal! I strongly recommend it.

2  Thank Alexis C
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were late travelling to Donegal town that day and stopped here for dinner. Since we were late, I asked the waitress to call our B+B to let them know that we would be arriving late. She did this for us. It was busy that night and it appeared that we had 3 different waitresses. They were all good but it seemed somewhat disorganized. We are not fussy people and accepted any inconvenience easily. The food was great and the place was easy to find.

2  Thank TigerRoll
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife, daughter and I have nothing but good to say about the Village Tavern the food was fantastic and really loved it. We also very much enjoyed the hospitality and service that the owner and his staff provided. I enjoyed a week in Mountcharles with my family and would visit again and again. Taking the wife out for a birthday meal soon and guess what she wants to eat in the Village Tavern. Over two hours away, so will have to make a weekend of it. The staff and customers are some of the best Ireland has to offer.
7 visits to the Tavern in one week and never disappointed on any of them.

2  Thank peacehaven50