“Most definitely the best takeaway, enjoyed miles away!”

Chandpur Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Donegal Town
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An Award Winning Restaurant in Donegal Town. Very popular with locals and tourists. The chef/ owner Rana Miah, prepares all dishes to order with no colours, additives or preservatives. Recent Awards include, Best Indian Restaurant in Ireland Twice and another twenty major awards from the national industries. Offering a Take-Out service, Dining In, Set Menus with wine, Early Bird, our famous "All you can eat Sunday Buffet" and much more. We cater for anyone with a gluten free diet and allergies and have an extensive menu for vegetarians. Offering European choices, select teas and coffees, a selection of desserts, we are able to cater for everyone and are popular for large parties and groups and we also provide a private seating area for up to twelve guests. We are renowned for our excellent service, offering all customers a wonderful experience in Bangladeshi cuisine. We serve select Wines and Beers. Open 7nights weekly from 4.30 to 11pm and on Sundays from 1pm to 10.00pm.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

On my way back to Dublin, a must was a takeaway from Chandpur to enjoy later that evening. Well, it didn't disappoint, it never does. It was simply delicious. Lovely chunks of cubed chicken, smothered in a creamy and delicious coconut sauce, ah bliss. Mild in taste, which is what I wanted that night and thanks to Susan and Rana for making the choice. That's the thing, Susan really knows the dishes and if you are in any doubt as to what to have, (as the menu spoils you for choice) just ask, the advise is always the best. Rana, well he will cook the dish to your liking, not too hot, not too spicy if that is what you want, but equally if you want it to be hot and spicy, you get it hot and spicy. I can't wait to go back either to sit in the restaurant and dine or to get another takeaway to remind me of what I most definitely do not have here in Dublin.... a wonderful restaurant, fantastic and attentive staff and the food, well it would be difficult to find better.

2  Thank musicsec

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently enjoyed my 50th Birthday party at Chandpur Restaurant in Donegal Town. From the moment we arrived, my party of 22 people, were very well welcomed and seated at our beautifully set table. The service was second to none and the food was absolutely delicious and enjoyed by everybody. The management and staff could not have made us feel more welcome and we all really enjoyed the whole evening. Thanks you so much to Susan and Rana and all the staff and I would not hesitate to go back for another family occasion or a nice meal. Well done.

3  Thank Bernie M
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My sister, young daughter and I ate here recently. Lovely staff whom were very friendly and charming. The decor is beautiful. the food was delicious. Word of warning the portions are huge. Absolutely would reccomend to friends and family and will definitely be returning.

2  Thank smjf84
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We visited chandpur on the 4/6/14 when visiting Donegal, had a great meal and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Tried the chicken Madure for main meal , it was brilliant and there was some much of it that I only ate half. Would recommend a visit.

2  Thank Dooley47
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Had a yummy dinner with the family. All were agreed that it was the best Indian we have had in years. Food was scrumptious, great choice, reasonable pricing and staff were so friendly and attentive. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank lil-imp