“Always a great stay here”
Review of Donegal Manor

Donegal Manor
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I first stayed here in 2005, not long after this purpose-built guesthouse opened for business. This past August was, I believe, my 4th or 5th stay at Donegal Manor and, as always, it was very, very nice. We've always been met by either Michael or John (I think that's his name - Sian and Michael's son) with an offer to carry our luggage up the stairs. Always much appreciated. Unfortunately, Sian was out of town this year, but her husband Michael and the staff took very good care of my small group of 8 women. The en suite rooms are probably the largest of all the 8 hotels and B&Bs we enjoyed during our 15-day jaunt through Ireland. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are fresh and nicely appointed. Housekeeping keeps everything in tip top shape. Breakfast is plentiful and delicious, and there's always some tasty cake or pastry available to guests in the lounge. The location is ideal -- a quiet oasis only a few short kms from Donegal Town's Diamond. We like to enjoy the hustle and bustle of a city or town while shops are open, but love to get away from it all when it's time to retire (but then we have a vehicle, so distances are not a problem.) Donegal Manor is perfect in that regard and also has ample parking just steps from the front door.

I think Donegal Manor is very reasonably priced and offers a lot of value for the money! Prior to discovering Donegal Manor, I had stayed at 3 other properties in/near Donegal Town. They don't hold a candle to this lovely manor house. I can assure you that you will be treated graciously and royally here.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We loved our stay at the Donegal Manor! It is beautiful, immaculately clean and spacious! Sian and her husband were exceptional hosts. There was a cozy fire waiting for us. They offered us wine and even made my Mom a hot tattie. Sian loves children and teaching. She gave our children an unexpected cooking lesson!!! The breakfast was gourmet! Beautiful! Cheers! If I get the chance to visit Donegal I will definitely stay there!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Was there at the weekend wonderful hosts food was amazin place was spotless will be heading back in the future near enough to the town excellent fire lit when we arrived couldn't have been nicer to us! Was lovely warm and quite bed was so comfy best weekends sleep I've ever had

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had a great time, 24 girlies booked out the manor for the day to make afternoon tea in the cookery school and have a tea party. Sian and the team couldn't have been more helpful and were extremely patient and flexible with all of us. Cookery class was brilliant, rooms were fantastic and breakfast the next morning was just what was needed after a night out in Donegal town!
Would recommend it to anyone

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here just for an overnight recently and had a very pleasant stay. The rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated and very comfortable, the location was perfect for our stay - it is close by to any number of beautiful walks.
The host was friendly, helpful and very warm.
I had the homemade pancakes for breakfast and it was clear that lots of thought and care was put into the breakfast selection, a great start to the day.
I would recommend Donegal Manor highly.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank meabhnical
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently and I have to say the welcome and service by the owners was so warm. Donegal Manor is spotless clean, with a very warm homely feel. The breakfast is superb, with a good selection to choose from. The only draw back is - that it is not in the centre of Donegal town. Nevertheless, I would recommend the Donegal Manor.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sabsontour
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights here on the 15th and 16th of August. Very easy to find nicely located just outside Donegal Town a few minutes away. I dont have one complaint about my stay here. All was good from the room and Bathroom to the nice Irish breakfasts I had on both Morning. Michael the Owner is very friendly and accommodating. His wife actually took the time to draw me a map on the best route from their place to Belfast..turn out it was perfect too. I found the service here a lot better than the Lough Eske Castle up the road. Great place alround if your going to Donegal don't miss out on this 5 star bargain.. Bernard Courtney Dublin

1  Thank BernardDUB2013
#5 of 7 in Donegal Town
Bay View Hotel
Bay View Hotel
#2 of 2 in Killybegs

Been to Donegal Manor? Share your experiences!