“Fantastic food”
Review of Le Fournil - CLOSED

Le Fournil
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We were lucky to find this great food shop when walking around Donegal on a recent visit. We bought some of its gorgeous pastries & a sour dough loaf, a bacon & cheese loaf. All were quickly eaten on arriving home, very tasty.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Since Le Fournil opened in Donegal Town I haven't bought any prepacked, processed bread. This french bread is to die for and any time friends and family come to visit they always stop at Le Fournil for bread to take home (I also get orders for when I visit them!!). The double baguette and 5-grain are favourites in our house - especially with their rosemary and garlic oil. And if you've a sweet tooth I can't pass their pain au raisin which is my saturday morning treat with a coffee.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Lovely wee place run by a French woman and her Irish husband. Produced a great selection of breads, pastries as well as having some delicatessen-type products also. Definitely worth a visit if in Donegal town (or Sligo for that matter, as they have a place there too).