My new husband and I spent 3 nights here for our mini honeymoon. And we were over the moon with Lough Eske Castle.
The staff are uber-friendly, polite and they really go the extra mile. The Solis Spa is heavenly and reasonably priced for the place which just won Ireland's Best Spa 2012. We had 2 treatments each. But beware - the Spa is very busy and you may have to wait days for an appointment.
Our room was gorgeous - we took advantage of the 3 nights for the price of 2 deal and had a suite. It was large with an enormous bathroom, separate living room, 4 poster bed and it was beautifully decorated.
The fitness suite is good for a hotel - not too small and with a view, not tucked away in a basement. The pool is lovely and be sure to take advantage of the separate wellness centre just past the Spa reception desk. It has a sauna, steam room, hydrotherapy pool and relaxation room with free magazines and drinks.
Re. food. The breakfasts are hard to beat with a large buffet and the separate egg station. The omelettes are so yummy. Just watch out because breakfast time is incredibly busy.
We also ate in the Gallery Bar - and it's really top-notch bar food. The staff also treated us with free cocktails in the bar because it was our honeymoon.
Just watch out for hidden charges, such as 5 Euros for room service and even more if you request some ice.
Overall, we were very pleased with the price, the value-for-money and every little thing about our stay. 3 nights were not enough and we will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel