“A Dream!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Ohio
“A Dream!”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

A wonderful place to visit. Romantic, good food and excellent service,Beautiful grounds, Large rooms with a huge bathroom suite.Heated floors in the bathroom.Was only there for 1 night because we were touring the whole country. The breakfast was one of the best we had while we were in Ireland. The gentleman who was making omelets in the morning was very special. I didn,t get his name but he was a doll. And he made great omelets. Good and prompt service thoughout.

Room Tip: Cannot say a bad thing about it. Our room was so special and nothing was omitted. First class all th...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Mayo
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed here in August for 2 nights with my partner and on first impression I loved it. The entrance and the lounge areas are all beautiful and welcoming amd the staff were very friendly. Our room was the furthest away room in the whole hotel so it was a long walk from reception. However, the was a shortcut if you took the outside route which we so it wasn't a big problem. The porter who showed us to the room was very helpful and he offered to find us a room at the front of the hotel for our second night. True to his word the next day he rang our room and asked if we wanted to move but we were happy enough staying , but I really appreciated his effort.

On our first night we ate in the restaurant and the decor is pretty impressive, the food was good and overall we enjoyed the meal. We then went to the bar and there was live music which went down well. Earlier on that evening myself and my partner got engaged, I wanted to keep it very low key but after a few drinks my partner had a quite word with the singer who then surprised me by telling everyone. The staff gave us a free drink each and also a glass of champagne. I have to say the staff in the hotel especially in the restaurant and bar were so friendly and chatty, making the stay even more relaxing.

All in all it was a great experience but I do have one issue which is the price of the room. I was talking to a couple who were also staying at the hotel who had got there room using the Supervalu deals. Their room was over €200 cheaper than ours. Obviously I understand they had used Supervalu as I have often done, but to be honest for some reason I didn't think Lough Eske would avail of the promotion. My mistake I know but I think it highlights that the rooms are overpriced.
Ps. The bed was amazing and so was the shower

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I was really excited about staying in Lough Eske Castle but was really disappointed when I realised that the accommodation part of the building is new and has been built on so in fact its only the bar and entertainment areas that are in the castle. Having said that it is a lovely hotel and the rooms are very good. We enjoyed our stay after we got over the disappointment, but when we were checking out my partner realised that he had left something behind in the room and when he got back to it there were two members of staff in the room on walkie talkies reporting to the receptionist exactly what we had used from the mini bar! I understand that they have to make sure that they are paid for everything, but it did turn us off ever going back as we felt like criminals!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Noreen S
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We spent 5 nights at Lough Eske and wished we stayed longer. I can't not say enough about this hotel from the moment we arrived it was fantastic. From check in to check out the staff were wonderful. We ate our meals in the bar area the only concern we had was the chicken was overcooked every time I ordered it!! The food portions are very large and I ended up ordering the childrens meals which were also very large portions. I must commend the staff in the bar area Rachael is not only outstanding and friendly but an amazing person as well. She could not do enough for us and was spot on with everything she did! The other staff in the lounge Marcus, Jimmy, James, Anthony and the manager Nigel were also fantastic and are so much fun to talk with. It was very enjoyable and each day we looked forward to seeing the staff in the bar area. Again Rachael is very special and looks after the guests extremely well! I would HIGHLY recommend a stay here if in the Donegal area. The spa is wonderful and a place you do not want to leave. The staff are very good and provide exceptional service in the spa. This hotel is truly a 5 star! The breakfast was wonderful and loved the choice of eggs made to order the chef in morning did a wonderful job and the staff in the resturant were all wonderful they remembered daily our lattes and most never had to ask what we wanted to drink in the morning they knew. I can go on and on about how great our stay was really and we will be back. Thank you to everyone who made our stay very special!!!!!!

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room!
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I recently stayed at this establishment with a group of friends,15 in total, and was very satisfied with the hotel, staff were very friendly and helpfull, the food excellent and fantastic spa facilities. we all had a wonderfull time.

The only thing that i was dissapointed about was having no air conditioning in the rooms as they were very warm and stuffy, it was diffucult to get to sleep even though i had left the windows opened all night.

Other than that this hotel is beautifull i would highly reccomend it to anyone who wants to experience something different and i myself will most definitly be going back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dungannon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Nice hotel, good staff, poor evening meal, , The room was huge and comfortable , no air conditioning , room were a bit stuffy overall too expensive for what was on offer and certainly not 5 star standard

2 Thank DonegallJC
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Just back from a mid week break at Lough Eske Castle, this is the third visit and will not be my last. A great place to relax and use the Spa facilities , pity that the relaxation room is now closed to guests unless they are having a spa treatment. Great food we tended to eat in the bar/lounge area in the evening, good menu and reasonable price. Staff friendly and we enjoy the relaxation of the many rooms you can sit in by the fire and read. We have stayed in the Hotel and this is the second time we stayed in the courtyard rooms , they are excellent and very close to the main building. I would highly recommend this hotel.but be warned! You will want to go back .

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious and excellent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Donegal Town
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh
The Central Hotel - Donegal
The Central Hotel - Donegal
#5 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!