My friend and I stayed here for one night. The grounds are beautiful and the drive up to the castle is stunning. We were welcomed on arrival by very friendly staff at reception.
I then headed to the Spa for the best Massage I have ever had. Bernadette is a miracle worker, I have never felt so relaxed!
The room was large with a King sized bed and it was very well presented.
It was immaculately clean and the bed was very comfortable.
We had dinner in the restaurant and again the staff were very friendly and very helpful. The meal itself was fine but not excellent.
After dinner we went back to the room and the bed had been turned down and chocolates left.
We had the full Irish Breakfast in bed and the breakfast was delicious.
Water in the mini-bar is complimentary but apart from that it is poorly stocked so be warned.
Overall my experience of this hotel was wonderful. I am already planning my return.
It is also small dog friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel