My partner and I, together with another friend, stayed 2 nights recently and had a really enjoyable time. Lough Eske is a 5* rated hotel and this comes across in both service levels and comfort of the room. Our Garden room was wonderful, with a fabulous bathroom, walk-in shower, full bath, twin sinks and even a nightlite with matches for a romantic bath. Huge doors opened outwards and I am sure when the weather is better, this would be a huge bonus.
The huge bed was one of the most comfortable we have slept in and the quality of food at dinner and service was very good.
For a 5* hotel, parking facilities for disabled people with mobility issues could be improved, with spaces nearer to the rooms. Choices at breakfast were many, but on the days we ate there, the bacon was overcooked and had been left sitting too long.
That aside, it was a great stay, although a car is necessary, and a great base to explore this area of Donegal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel