Upon driving up the single lane road to this Castle/Hotel I thought, "I wonder what this place is like"? My husband and I both stopped the car and just gazed with mouth open...they say first impressions are the thing we remember and I will not forget this one!! It is just magnificent and I was feeling like a queen already just looking at the beautiful building. The inside is just as amazing and the staff has been wonderful. Why am I only staying here for two days? We checked in and went to the room which was once again wonderful. Poster bed, large beautiful bath, immaculate....need I say more. I am sure all rooms are different being a unique castle but our room is beautiful. Put our bags in and did a bit of exploring. All the public areas are beautiful and decorated so festive for Christmas. Had to have an Irish coffee with Baileys to start my stay in the Irish looking bar. How do they make it taste so good. Then dinner in the dining room since we were starved from our drive. Lamb cooked to perfection! The service in all areas of the hotel go above and beyond the call of duty. If you ever get the chance....stay at this wonderful resort. Can't say enough good things about it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is an historic castle dating to the 15th century and the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel