This castle was booked to celebrate my daughter's birthday. This was our "extravagance" for our 17 day stay in Ireland. We booked two rooms and it was explained to them that the booking was for holding the rooms and we would pay separately upon departure. We stayed one night. Upon checkout, they billed both rooms to one account, rather than separately. While they admitted their error, they charged me an additional $150.00 US dollars since they couldn't retroactively charge me for my room. From the other reviews I have seen, others have had this issue. For the amount of money paid to stay, my daughter should have been treated like a princess. No birthday cake, not so much as a birthday card. It was not worth $650.00 U.S. dollars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is an historic castle dating to the 15th century and the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel