Stayed here very recently. It was a fantastic experience. When we arrived, a member of the staff offered to park our car for us. He took our luggage to our room and showed us the various in room facilities and explained where the other hotel facilities were located, even though the receptionist had already explained many of these. The staff were excellent, very caring and observant. As my wife has slight mobility problems, the receptionist offered us a disability room closer to the lift. She had noticed my wife had a walking stick and explained the room we were originally to have was located at the other end of the hotel with long corridors and 2 lifts to negotiate. The restaurant staff were also very friendly and helpful. They remembered our names every time we met them, even after our 3 days had finished. I've never encountered this in any other hotel. This also applied to the other hotel staff. We also has a personal server in the restaurant on both nights we had our meals which were excellent as were the breakfasts. Although our break was for only 2 nights it was a memorable experience. Would definitely return sometime again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel