i stayed with my husband and two children(4 year old & 7 month old) on 30th March, it was a surprise for my little son whose birthday it was as he is just fascinated by castles. from the drive up i knew it was going to be special for him and us and we were not disappointed!
at checkin the staff were very attentive to the fact it was his birthday, really friendly and chatty, the hotel itself is just breathtakingly beautiful and our room was just huge! as was the bathroom, i really could get used to such luxury! In the room the staff had left a beautiful note for our arrival as well as a giant cookie and chocs for my little son as a birthday treat which he loved!
we decided to eat in the room as with two young children dinner in a restaurant can be quite stressful for us and unfair on other paying customers! the food was really tasty and beautifully presented, again the staff were extremely accommodating and attentive, it really is what makes this place special.
my little boy and his dad used the swimming pool and really enjoyed it, we really liked the grounds of the castle with the beautiful sculptures that we enjoyed discovering with our little son. for anyone thinking of staying do not hesitate it really is a wonderful place with very special people who helped make it a day to remember for us all... thankyou ....we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel