My Wife and I have just returned from our honeymoon after having had our reception in the hotel in late August.
It couldn't have been better! We dealt with Catherine Doyle and both she and all the staff at the hotel were magnificent.
We had read previous reviews(admittedly quite a while ago) about the hotel on this site and were quite concerned in the lead up to the day. We really needn't have worried at all.
From start to finish the day was absolutely perfect! The only drama on the day was the weather, and I'm sure if the hotel could have done something about that, they would have!!
The drinks reception and canapes had guests gushing with compliments and the food on the day was outstanding- My wife and I are total foodies and try to visit Michelin Starred restaurants whenever we travel so we can be kinda fussy!! We were both blown away by the food on the day, considering the amount of people being catered for, it was honestly as good as some of the better restaurants we've eaten in!
The dinner staff were faultless and insured a very smooth service of the food and wine and a seamless transition from the meal to the disco.
The hotel rooms are enormous and opulently appointed with huge bathrooms and very generous living space.You could spend a weekend here alone!
While we didn't get a chance to use the spa facilities we did hear reports from family and friends that they were excellent and offered very peaceful and relaxing surroundings, the perfect antidote to the night before!!
We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, whether for a wedding, a romantic break or just a weekend hideaway it is absolute bliss! We can't wait to go back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel