My husband and I had a two night stay in Lough Eske on the May bank holiday weekend and I have to saw it was wonderful.. From the fast efficient check in right through to its equally efficient check out service the stay was top of the class.
We were staying in the garden Suites which are HUGE and have a gas fireplace and lovely couches to relax in. The bed was comfy and also large and the room was spotless and attended through during our stay. The bathroom was well supplied with all that you would expect in a luxury hotel.
We ate in the bar and in the dining room and both experiences are fantastic. The bar food was hot, tasty and well priced for what it was. We were both completely full after a bread basket and main course each.. There is an extensive drinks menu to choose from and as a non-drinker the great selection of mocktails available was a refreshing change from the usual juice/fizzy sugar high available in bars. This is definitely one of the highlights for me!!!! The dining room experience exceeded our expectations. We were seated in a booth in the main dining room Cedars. This offered us privacy and a little extra treat!!! The quality of food was fantastic and their attention to detail was commendable. What made this 5* experience in the dining room was that nothing could not be changed to suit the diner. I love food and am easy to please however I have observed in the past, certain places not willing to adjust a menu to suit someones taste etc. Lough Eske could not do enough for the diners not just to accommodate dietary requirements but also just good old fashioned taste. This is something that makes me want to return as I have some family members who like sauces on the side and the likes.
The swimming pool was lovely and we went twice over the course of our stay. no shortable of lovely fluffy towels and people to answer any questions you might have.
I have kept my best compliment until the end. The Staff. The staff of Lough Eske are incredibly helpful, personable, warm and friendly with a high level of professionalism at all times. They have actually mastered the art of TALKING to the guests which is something that I think is sadly lacking in a lot of establishments that have staff under so much pressure they don't have time ti breathe. I am not saying that the staff are not busy but they are a complete and utter credit to Lough Eske and they are the main reason that I would highly recommend it as a destination. The mix the level of service expected at 5* with a homely feel that really encourages you to relax and feel at home. There is little or no "pomp" with the staff but I am under no illusion that if they thought a guest wanted this that they would be able to provide it. The chef in the morning at breakfast was a true gent and bright and breezy but to be honest we didn't meet one member of staff who we would want to single out as they were all grade A and 5*.
My husband and I CANNOT wait to return to Lough Eske and would highly recommend it as a destination if you want all out luxury with 5* hospitality and food to match.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel